Truth about Duke

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
senhorquick

Truth about Duke

Postby senhorquick » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:04 pm

So, here are the basics. I have a 3.55 and tbh I do not have the work ethic to change that in my final year of undergrad. In fact, I am writing this to you good people while I am supposed to be writing an essay for Modern Chicana Literature (which I would recommend you do NOT take at CU Boulder).

So, my GPA will be between a 3.52 (if I suck) and a 3.6 when I apply. My question to you all is, will Duke accept this under any circumstances? And, if so, will I be boned in getting any schollies from them?

I scored a 175 on my LSAT. I am currently an Executive of our school's SGA, one of the largest in the country, where I manage a 40 million dollar budget with my other two Executives and work full time. I have a myriad number of other softs and am a homo. I also don't plan on applying until Fall of 2013 so that I can claim 2 years of full time employment. But, will great softs and a decent LSAT be able to make up for a very, very average GPA at Duke? (Also let's throw in Berkeley there, though I am even less optimistic about those rule-followers)

I really want to do environmental law, and that is why out of the T-14 Berkeley and Duke appeal the most to me. I know I stand a decent change at CCS and perhaps even money from them and am probably guaranteed some cash from Mich or UVA or Georgetown or something. But, I kinda wanna tailor myself to Duke or Berk. What are your thoughts? Obviously this is incredibly time sensitive ;)

Yukos

Re: Truth about Duke

Postby Yukos » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:51 pm

Don't worry about what you want to study, or what schools specialize in. Your interests will almost certainly change, and the specialities hardly matter.

Your chances at Duke are excellent, and a scholarship is definitely possible: http://duke.lawschoolnumbers.com/stats

Don't take this as an excuse to slack your last year though...

splitsplat

Re: Truth about Duke

Postby splitsplat » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:34 am

Return to “What are my chances?”