myLSN.info Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
nothingtosee

Silver

Re: myLSN.info

Post by nothingtosee » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:38 am

LSATSCORES2012 wrote:
nothingtosee wrote:When will numbers from the current cycle (2013-2014) start going up? I just ran a search for 170-180, 2.0-4.0 and it came up with no hits.
Sorry for not replying to this right away - I'll probably start syncing over xmas break some time.

midwest17

Gold

Post by midwest17 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:43 am

nothingtosee wrote:
LSATSCORES2012 wrote:
nothingtosee wrote:When will numbers from the current cycle (2013-2014) start going up? I just ran a search for 170-180, 2.0-4.0 and it came up with no hits.
Sorry for not replying to this right away - I'll probably start syncing over xmas break some time.
Ah, thanks. :)

MT Cicero

Silver

Post by MT Cicero » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:17 am

On a related note, other than sending individual messages is there a better way to get all the folks at LSN on the correct cycle? I see quite a few 2012-13 results in the current cycle's graphs.

Anyone have czar rights to simply change people's cycles by looking at their dates?

midwest17

Gold

Post by midwest17 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:24 pm

While I'm making requests: could we get an "exclude ED" option for the timeline/timegraphs? Sorry if this has already been requested.

LSATSCORES2012

Silver

Post by LSATSCORES2012 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:28 am

Hey y'all, thanks for the suggestions! I really appreciate the feedback.
snagglepuss wrote:How about including each school's median LSAT and median GPA alongside the employment score?

Is there a way to hide/collapse the "more info" box after you click on it (without refreshing)? Could you add more information to the more info box? Clicking into like 5+ profiles can be annoying. I would enjoy being able to see scholarship amount, major, and/or years out of undergrad in the more info box.

Just some thoughts. Thank you for the resource and all the work you've poured into it; it is truly one of the most helpful tools for 0Ls.
I really like these ideas. I went and added an X that should now appear so you can close out that more info box.

I totally get the point about wanting more info... and I think you're suggestion is a good one. But I'm going to hold off, at least for now. LawSchoolNumbers is an amazing resource, but it's really hard to visualize the data from LSN, so that's why I made MyLSN. I want MyLSN to supplement, not replace, LSN and more importantly, I don't want MyLSN to decrease the amount of traffic LSN receives. My hope in creating the more info feature was that, by making searches easier, traffic to LSN would actually increase. If I were to add all the relevant information on that page, I'm afraid people would be less likely to actually follow through on the links. So while I totally understand that it's not as easy, it's something I think I'll leave be, for now, anyway. But I do agree that it's a good idea.
craigsan18 wrote:On a related note, other than sending individual messages is there a better way to get all the folks at LSN on the correct cycle? I see quite a few 2012-13 results in the current cycle's graphs.

Anyone have czar rights to simply change people's cycles by looking at their dates?
So, this is an issue with LSN, so there's not much I can do... but from a developers position, there's really not much that they can do, either. One thing I've been thinking about doing for myLSN is creating some sort of community voting feature, so that if, as a community, it's determined that a profile is bogus then, through enough votes, the system will exclude it. But it's not something I have time to deal with right now, and it would be too complicated - both to program and for the end user - to implement something that would allow people to vote to re-assign a year to a profile. But it's an interesting thought that highlights one of the problems with LSN data - that it's self-reported. Overall, I don't think this particular issue should affect the integrity of the data too much, though.
midwest17 wrote:While I'm making requests: could we get an "exclude ED" option for the timeline/timegraphs? Sorry if this has already been requested.
This is a good point. It now excludes ED from the results. Perhaps I'll add an "include ED" or "ED Only" feature later, but there's so little ED data everywhere but UVA I'm not sure it would be worth it.

G'night all.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

midwest17

Gold

Post by midwest17 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:14 am

LSATSCORES2012 wrote:
midwest17 wrote:While I'm making requests: could we get an "exclude ED" option for the timeline/timegraphs? Sorry if this has already been requested.
This is a good point. It now excludes ED from the results. Perhaps I'll add an "include ED" or "ED Only" feature later, but there's so little ED data everywhere but UVA I'm not sure it would be worth it.

G'night all.
Thanks for the clarification!

LSATSCORES2012

Silver

Post by LSATSCORES2012 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:17 am

midwest17 wrote:
LSATSCORES2012 wrote:

G'night all.
Wasn't a clarification... by "now" I meant from this point forward (that is to say, I changed it in response to your suggestion! :) )

This is like the fifth time this has happened talking to someone tonight... maybe I shouldn't be sending out job apps right now :/ lol

midwest17

Gold

Post by midwest17 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:11 pm

LSATSCORES2012 wrote:
midwest17 wrote:
LSATSCORES2012 wrote:

G'night all.
Wasn't a clarification... by "now" I meant from this point forward (that is to say, I changed it in response to your suggestion! :) )

This is like the fifth time this has happened talking to someone tonight... maybe I shouldn't be sending out job apps right now :/ lol
Oh. Oops. I think I was the exhausted one last night. You're fine. :)

midwest17

Gold

Post by midwest17 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:56 pm

Hai. Another request here. :oops:

Would it be possible for the Decision Timeline to identify specific profiles when you click on the bar graph? So I can see who it is who applied in December and also got accepted in December, etc...?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

LSATSCORES2012

Silver

Post by LSATSCORES2012 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:22 pm

midwest17 wrote:Hai. Another request here. :oops:

Would it be possible for the Decision Timeline to identify specific profiles when you click on the bar graph? So I can see who it is who applied in December and also got accepted in December, etc...?
Fantastic idea, should work now, let me know if you experience any problems.

midwest17

Gold

Post by midwest17 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:53 pm

LSATSCORES2012 wrote:
midwest17 wrote:Hai. Another request here. :oops:

Fantastic idea, should work now, let me know if you experience any problems.
You're a gold standard of developers. I wish I responded to feature requests as quickly as you do.

LSATSCORES2012

Silver

Post by LSATSCORES2012 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:09 pm

Data updated through this point in this cycle & added 13-14 to the time graphs page. If you notice any problems please let me know.

LSATSCORES2012

Silver

Post by LSATSCORES2012 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:52 pm

Updated medians for t14 for auto search/graphs from spreadsheet in this thread

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

LSATSCORES2012

Silver

Post by LSATSCORES2012 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:34 pm

new design because I thought the old one was too cluttered, with some code optimizations, combined with a server downgrade...

lemme know if anything goes wrong, or if the website is running too slowly, please!

kershka

Silver

Post by kershka » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:43 pm

The graphs aren't working :( I get this message every time
404 - Oops. Page Not Found
Hi. Your local 404 error page here. Sorry we had to meet. Maybe you can try searching.
I do like the new design of the website though!

LSATSCORES2012

Silver

Post by LSATSCORES2012 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:28 am

kershka wrote:The graphs aren't working :( I get this message every time
404 - Oops. Page Not Found
Hi. Your local 404 error page here. Sorry we had to meet. Maybe you can try searching.
I do like the new design of the website though!
Oops, you're right, thanks for the heads up! Fixed now.

Robb

Bronze

Post by Robb » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:25 pm

The post here by iamgeorgebush made me think that you might all find a ranged search helpful, so I went and added it.

Catches: for images, it will only colorize about 25 schools at most... this is due to limitations in PHP, the language used to build the images. also, max range of 7 (I put six at the top of the search, because I'm afraid people will just subtract, and think that they're at the right place, so I'd prefer to avoid that confusion... for example, 176-170=6, but there are actually 7 numbers in that range inclusively)

Let me know if you experience any issues or have suggestions :)

Oh, and here's an example:

http://myLSN.info/3ahvkb_1-14.jpg

LSAT ranges are 1-score wide (so, here, 167-167, 168-168, 169-169, etc.)

--LinkRemoved--

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Robb

Bronze

Post by Robb » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:08 pm

will be taking the site down for maintenance later tonight

Robb

Bronze

Post by Robb » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:12 pm

back up, if you notice any problems please let me know :)

Ramius

Gold

Post by Ramius » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:56 am

So I was playing with mylsn this morning and had a thought. Could you somehow link a given number result to a list of profiles on lsn? For instance, a search result yields 3 acceptances to a given school, and I'd like to see what type of profile these people have, could that be possible?

I know jack about any of this, but thought that might be helpful if your results are mediocre. Thanks for your hard work!

Robb

Bronze

Post by Robb » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:36 am

If I'm understanding you, there is already such a feature (though it's admittedly not very well identified). In the search results, try clicking on the ">>>>>", the arrows on the far right. This will display a list of links to LSN profiles that fit within your search. Is this what you mean...?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Ramius

Gold

Post by Ramius » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:38 am

Whoa, totally didn't notice that. That's what I get for surfing mylsn before my morning coffee has kicked in. Thanks for the heads up!

whippersnappery

Bronze

Post by whippersnappery » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:42 am

Hello! myLSN.info is amazing, thank you so much for the resource. I keep getting a 404 Error in the decision timeline graphs when I try to click on a section of the bar graph to see who got accepted/rejected in a given month. It's been this way for a while. Do you know what's going on?

Again, thank you for your work on this!

Robb

Bronze

Post by Robb » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:26 pm

whippersnappery wrote:Hello! myLSN.info is amazing, thank you so much for the resource. I keep getting a 404 Error in the decision timeline graphs when I try to click on a section of the bar graph to see who got accepted/rejected in a given month. It's been this way for a while. Do you know what's going on?

Should be working now, thanks for the heads up!

whippersnappery

Bronze

Post by whippersnappery » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:29 pm

Robb wrote:
whippersnappery wrote:Hello! myLSN.info is amazing, thank you so much for the resource. I keep getting a 404 Error in the decision timeline graphs when I try to click on a section of the bar graph to see who got accepted/rejected in a given month. It's been this way for a while. Do you know what's going on?

Should be working now, thanks for the heads up!
Thank you!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”