myLSN.info Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
ChemEng1642

Silver

Re: myLSN.info

Post by ChemEng1642 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:41 am

Robb wrote:sure thing, sorry bout that
Thanks!

schmelling

Silver

Post removed.

Post by schmelling » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:09 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by schmelling on Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Robb

Bronze

Post by Robb » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:17 pm

schmelling wrote:Hello and thanks for an awesome resource! The site says that the data is being updated as of 10/10 is that complete yet? Just curious to know if that data is reflected in the chances.

Thanks in advance.
yea it was updated within about an hour of when I put that there, I should change it, sorry bout that

schmelling

Silver

Post removed.

Post by schmelling » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:28 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by schmelling on Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

bl1nds1ght

Bronze

Post by bl1nds1ght » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:56 pm

I seem to remember that there was an issue at one point with the system not properly drawing stats from LSN. Has that been fixed?

Thank you so much for the site!!!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Robb

Bronze

Post by Robb » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:02 pm

bl1nds1ght wrote:I seem to remember that there was an issue at one point with the system not properly drawing stats from LSN. Has that been fixed?

Thank you so much for the site!!!
It should be - the problem had to do with not marking apps ED or something. Let me know if you notice any problems. I'll run a sync right now, too, so that the DB is up to date.

testing, please ignore:

USNEWS COMPETITION ENTRY wrote:01. HARVARD UNIVERSITY
02. STANFORD UNIVERSITY
03. UNIVERSITY OF CHICAGO
04. COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY
05. NEW YORK UNIVERSITY
06. UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA
07. UNIVERSITY OF VIRGINIA
08. UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA-BERKELEY
09. UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN
10. DUKE UNIVERSITY
11. NORTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY
12. UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA
13. GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY
14. UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS AT AUSTIN
15. UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI
16. UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA-LOS ANGELES
17. UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
18. UNIVERSITY OF MINNESOTA
19. WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY
20. UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA
21. GEORGE WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY
22. EMORY UNIVERSITY
23. UNIVERSITY OF NOTRE DAME
24. INDIANA UNIVERSITY - BLOOMINGTON
25. UNIVERSITY OF IOWA
Last edited by Robb on Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Robb

Bronze

Post by Robb » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:55 pm

ok, updated :)

bl1nds1ght

Bronze

Post by bl1nds1ght » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:08 pm

Robb wrote:ok, updated :)
Robb, you're awesome. Thank you for your work.

Just a heads up, but I'll be throwing a shitton of links out to the site on score release day in the corresponding reddit thread for folks who post their results. Don't be surprised when you see the hits.

Robb

Bronze

Post by Robb » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:33 pm

bl1nds1ght wrote:
Robb wrote:ok, updated :)
Robb, you're awesome. Thank you for your work.

Just a heads up, but I'll be throwing a shitton of links out to the site on score release day in the corresponding reddit thread for folks who post their results. Don't be surprised when you see the hits.
Ah ha! I knew I had seen your username before. We were messaging on reddit a few months back.

Thanks for the support! :)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

giantswan

Bronze

Post by giantswan » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:20 pm

I just ran a search and some schools did not count any of the acceptances in their numbers/percentages even though when I clicked the more info button there were definitely accepted users listed.

ETA: This problem occurred when I searched for apps submitted in a certain time-frame.

storpappa

Silver

Post by storpappa » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:36 pm

Looking for the answers, so apologies in advance if its been asked already

I added T50 schools that sent me fee waivers, even those I am not applying to. Any better way to do that? Since I do not report them as A/W/D, I would think there is no harm to your pulling the data.

Which is my second question -- if its marked not public, are you pulling from the backend db including the privates or only the public?

Robb

Bronze

Post by Robb » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:56 pm

giantswan wrote:I just ran a search and some schools did not count any of the acceptances in their numbers/percentages even though when I clicked the more info button there were definitely accepted users listed.

ETA: This problem occurred when I searched for apps submitted in a certain time-frame.
Sorry, I just saw this post. Haven't had time to look into it, but I'm betting that the More Info screen does not apply the date restrictions.
storpappa wrote:Looking for the answers, so apologies in advance if its been asked already

I added T50 schools that sent me fee waivers, even those I am not applying to. Any better way to do that? Since I do not report them as A/W/D, I would think there is no harm to your pulling the data.

Which is my second question -- if its marked not public, are you pulling from the backend db including the privates or only the public?
I'm not affiliated with LSN, and I have no access to the private profiles on LSN, so no, if it's private, I'm not pulling it. And I don't think it will count the fee waivers... And I'd rather it not, mostly because otherwise it will skew up the fee waiver percentage (because people who didn't receive fee waivers will not be adding that they didn't receive fee waivers). But I think that if you want to put that information on your LSN profile like that, it would be useful for people to look at.

Robb

Bronze

Post by Robb » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:54 pm

giantswan wrote:I just ran a search and some schools did not count any of the acceptances in their numbers/percentages even though when I clicked the more info button there were definitely accepted users listed.

This problem should be fixed now--the problem was in the initial results, not the specific profile links.

This affected all results that specified a timeframe--instead of actually showing the results in that timeframe, it only showed results that failed to specify an app submission date.

Thank you very much for letting me know about the problem.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Robb

Bronze

Post by Robb » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:35 pm

Also, mylsn should sync every couple minutes from now on. It will only sync updated apps it has not yet synced... which should actually reduce total bandwidth usage over what it was before, despite the more frequent updates.

Please ingore the below for testing:
USNEWS COMPETITION ENTRY wrote:01. University of Chicago
01. Yale University
03. Harvard University
03. Stanford University
05. Columbia University
06. New York University
07. University Of Pennsylvania
07. University Of Virginia
09. University Of California - Berkeley
09. University Of Michigan
11. Duke University
12. Northwestern University
13. Cornell University
14. Georgetown University
15. University Of Texas At Austin
15. Vanderbilt University
17. University Of California - Los Angeles
17. University Of Southern California
19. University Of Minnesota
19. Washington University
21. University Of Alabama
21. George Washington University
23. Emory University
23. University Of Notre Dame
25. Indiana University - Bloomington
Last edited by Robb on Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:39 pm, edited 16 times in total.

psychmusic

Bronze

Post by psychmusic » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:16 am

Last edited by psychmusic on Fri May 01, 2015 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

packer_22

New

Post by packer_22 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:19 am

psychmusic wrote:I know this would probably require an unreasonable amount of work, but I had a thought for another feature.

It's really impossible to gauge how a person's softs actually are without seeing his or her application, but for people mid-cycle it would probably be very telling if you knew what schools the person got into. I'm wondering what it would take to add an "already accepted to" option to narrow that down. For example, if a person has a 165/3.9 but was accepted to Columbia already, his practical chances at Harvard would likely be much higher than the numbers might suggest as he probably has an otherwise compelling application.

As I type this I realize this has likely already been discussed, in which case everyone can feel free to ignore me.
Interesting idea! In practice, I'm not sure the data set is big enough to do it. A way to get around this is to see where people who say, got into Columbia also got in and just calculate it yourself. Additionally, if you keep the data set small enough (only your LSAT score and 0.02 on both sides for GPA), you start to see the same 10-15 names over and over again, so you can see who was "stronger" and "weaker" that cycle and based your results on that. Doing that, I see how random it is- for me, most people got into Harvard, but the one person who didn't got into Stanford. And the money is a complete crapshoot.

Robb

Bronze

Post by Robb » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:20 pm

mylsn's employment numbers are updated w/ the new ABA info, if you notice any discrepancies please let me know (though note the #'s will be different from LST because I include jd advantage jobs)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Robb

Bronze

Post by Robb » Sat May 02, 2015 11:05 pm

Figured I'd post this here for anyone not lurking in the Summer Associates thread.

If you ever find yourself in a position where you need to delete all your TLS posts, you can do so by following the instructions below.

On a mac:
1) Download the file here to your Downloads directory (right click the link -> Save as)
2) Open a terminal (go to the magnifying glass in the top right hand corner of your screen, type terminal, and select the app)
3) Type the text inside these quotes: "python Downloads/tls_post_deleter.py"
4) Follow the instructions

On windows:

1) Download and install Python VERSION 2 from here
2) Download the file here (right click the link -> Save as)
3) Double click the file to run it
4) Follow the instructions

Edit 5/8: This has been updated to work with the new version of the forums. As always, no guarantees, but if you have trouble with the code PM me and I'll try to help..

Robb

Bronze

Post by Robb » Mon May 18, 2015 8:06 pm

FYI, y'all, my friend who runs Admissions By the Numbers just made a new post about ED'ing: http://admissionsbythenumbers.blogspot.com

Robb

Bronze

Post by Robb » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:33 am

I wasn't paying attention and let the domain registration lapse. I just renewed it, but it can take up to 48 hours for the DNS info to re-propagate, but I imagine it will be up in a few hours. Sorry for the trouble.

Robb

Bronze

Post by Robb » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:30 pm

Earlier today I did a final sync for 2014-2015, and did an initial sync for 2015-2016 (though I think Duke is probably the only school with decisions so far... maybe UVA, too.)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Robb

Bronze

Post by Robb » Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:09 pm

Are there any color blind users here who might be able to help me make the site more color-blind friendly? This was an issue that was brought to my attention a while back because everything is red and green, and I meant to address it. I don't have the time right now, but would like to at least solicit suggestions that I could implement next month.

Robb

Bronze

Post by Robb » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:16 am

Just synced for this cycle. Since apps are picking up soon, I set it to update 1-4 times an hour depending on time of day. Good luck, future class of 2019!

Robb

Bronze

Post by Robb » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:19 pm

Added a GUI for the post deleter. If you try the GUI and have any problems, I'd appreciate it if you'd let me know. I tested it on my mac and PC and it worked, so I suspect it should be fine.

(As a bonus, I added Python 3 support! To me, anyway, this is very exciting.)

North

Gold

Post by North » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:19 am

LSATSCORES2012 wrote:
North wrote:And put some ads on there or something. It's time you made FAT STACKS off your 20,000 unique visitors. LSP certainly wasn't bashful about that.
Your wish is my command 8) I really am thankful for all the support TLS has given to the website :)
:| I don't see ads anymore. Was it not generating any worthwhile $$$? If not I'd be surprised, but I don't actually know anything about online ad revenue.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”