Chances for a 3.74 GPA and 155 LSAT Score

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
etre

Chances for a 3.74 GPA and 155 LSAT Score

Postby etre » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:43 pm

Hey guys,

So I want to get into a T14 law school. I know my LSAT score would not allow me to do that. What's going good for me is:

- I have a really strong personal statement. I've switched back and forth from third-world countries to the States throughout my whole life. The things I've witnessed are my raison d'être for going to law school.
- I have strong recommendations from my professors and my supervisors.
- I have plenty of internship experiences - mainly internships abroad with international peace and conflict NGO's along with state sponsored internships.

However, my LSAT score is the one that is holding me back. I've taken the test two times. I cancelled the first one and the second one is this 155. What are my chances for a T14 law school? Practically zero I suppose. I'm currently in Asia, should I retake the test at some LSAC site in Asia? How would law schools look at my application when they see that I've cancelled one, a 155 on the other one, and I took the third one at a testing site in Asia? Would it matter? If I get a high score, would they not value my LSAT score as good as one from the States?

Or should I focus on working my butt off the first year of law school and hope to transfer to a T14?

It would be great if you guys can provide me with some of your insight.

Thank you guys,

Richie Tenenbaum

Re: Chances for a 3.74 GPA and 155 LSAT Score

Postby Richie Tenenbaum » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:48 pm

You need to absolutely study like hell and retake. The highest LSAT score is what matters and what schools consider, and it doesn't matter if it was taken overseas. (There are a very, very small number of exceptions to the "highest score is what only counts" rule of thumb, but those are not worth worrying about at this point in the process.)

Nova

Postby Nova » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:57 pm

If you are T14 or bust, you should not be taking the LSAT at all until you are PTing at about 170. Dont plan on transfering to a T14 because that would require you to be near the top of your class at whatever T2 you end up at with a 155. Its just not worth counting on. Retake in October ONLY if you are ready. Read this thread for study ideas, viewtopic.php?f=6&t=396

etre

Postby etre » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:44 am

Thanks guys! You've been tremendously helpful! I'll work my ass off for the October LSATs.

Return to “What are my chances?”