Chances at T100 -- 2.5 and 165

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
patricksouthern

Chances at T100 -- 2.5 and 165

Postby patricksouthern » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:46 pm

I'm a super splitter, obviously. Have some personal issues that go into the GPA problems I will explain in an addendum to my applications (and it's obvious I'm not just making it up -- my grades are either As with an occasional B or Fs with an occasional W). Just got my June LSAT score and it was a 165 -- a bit of a disappointment as I was consistently PTing in the low-mid 170s, and I will likely retake in October.

I'm looking for ranked schools in a certain geographic area: West Virginia, Ohio, Kentucky, Virginia, Maryland, North or South Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee. I currently live in West Virginia and could attend WVU with in-state tuition, which is pretty inexpensive.

So what are my chances at, say, WVU? Kentucky? Tennessee? If I really pulled a great LSAT score in October (say, 174) would I have a shot at UNC?

Nova

Re: Chances at T100 -- 2.5 and 165

Postby Nova » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:15 pm

I am going to apply a broad, simplistic, principle to your situation. You are above every schools LSAT 75%ile. You will also have one of the lowest GPAs at any of those schools. You have a decent shot at all of them. Cast a wide net, and take the best offer. Also, definitely retake in Oct.

If you have not, read this viewtopic.php?f=22&t=162680

Helicio

Postby Helicio » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:18 pm

Nova wrote:I am going to apply a broad, simplistic, principle to your situation. You are above every schools LSAT 75%ile. You will also have one of the lowest GPAs at any of those schools. You have a decent shot at all of them. Cast a wide net, and take the best offer. Also, definitely retake in Oct.

If you have not, read this http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 2&t=162680

This. A retake is not required, but if you can break 170 it would open up more options for you. Whatever the case, you will be able to get into a T100 law school.

Work on that addendum and get some good recommendations. Good luck man.

TTTehehe

Postby TTTehehe » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:21 pm

Nova wrote:I am going to apply a broad, simplistic, principle to your situation. You are above every schools LSAT 75%ile. You will also have one of the lowest GPAs at any of those schools. You have a decent shot at all of them. Cast a wide net, and take the best offer. Also, definitely retake in Oct.

If you have not, read this viewtopic.php?f=22&t=162680

I agree with the retake advice. If you can get a 169-170+, and highlighted things in your application that make you unique, a good school may be willing to take you. Your higher LSAT can average out another admit with lower LSAT but higher GPA. So it is in your best interest to retake.

patricksouthern

Postby patricksouthern » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:30 pm

Thanks all for the advice and guidance. I'm going to be meeting with the admissions director at WVU on Monday to discuss my record and ask a few questions, and in all likelihood, I'll sign up to take the October LSAT shortly after that. I agree that a few more points could make all the difference in my applications, which is why my LSAT score was such a letdown.

Return to “What are my chances?”