Chance me please? 3.42 and 165

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
turnercr

Chance me please? 3.42 and 165

Postby turnercr » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:42 pm

Hey all.

As it says in the title: 3.42 GPA and a 165 LSAT. I am also a TFA almuni... if that makes any difference.

What do you think about my chances at:

UT-Austin
Notre Dame
IU-B
Univ. of Washington
WASH U
Wisconsin
Colorado

Thanks for your help!

akili

Re: Chance me please? 3.42 and 165

Postby akili » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:52 pm

Where do you want to live after graduation? Where do you have ties?

turnercr

Postby turnercr » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:56 pm

akili wrote:Where do you want to live after graduation? Where do you have ties?

I have ties in the midwest (St Lou, Indianapolis) and in Texas. I'd like to end up living either in the northwest or the midwest preferably.

akili

Postby akili » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:23 pm

turnercr wrote:
akili wrote:Where do you want to live after graduation? Where do you have ties?

I have ties in the midwest (St Lou, Indianapolis) and in Texas. I'd like to end up living either in the northwest or the midwest preferably.

The Northwest is pretty notoriously hard to break in to without ties. You are out at UT, because they have a pretty tough GPA floor. If you are a resident, it might still be worth applying, but the odds are really slim. I would add UH and SMU to your list if you are interested in practicing in Texas. You are probably out at WUSTL too. I would take Colorado off your list unless you want to live in Colorado.

If you want to live and work in the Midwest, just apply there. Don't go to school in a place you don't want to live.

If you want to see for yourself check out lawschoolnumbers.com and look at the graphs for each school.

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:26 pm

Texas is your only true "reach", in my opinion. In at IUB, Colorado & Indiana. Likely at WashUStL. Waitlist at Notre Dame. Likely at Univ. of Washington based on your numbers, but not certain whether or not residents are given preference.

Return to “What are my chances?”