[Edit]

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Yardbird

[Edit]

Postby Yardbird » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:45 am

[Edit]
Last edited by Yardbird on Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

senorhosh

Re: GPA 3.15, LSAT 174, application strategy?

Postby senorhosh » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:11 am

Exact same numbers as me. (Well, my UG gpa is 3.15, my LSAC gpa is a bit lower.)

USC /LA/Berkeley and other CA schools like high GPA. Your LSAT might get you into UCLA/USC but long shot for Berkeley.

Blanket T14.
You will get NU and Gtown. You'll most likely WL in the ~T8 or get accepted if you're pretty lucky.

ED to MVP of your choice if you want, you'll have a good shot with it. Without ED, I'd say your chances of getting WL is greater than getting accepted
If you really want CCN, you might have a shot with ED. You definitely have a shot for NYU but Columbia and Chicago seem like a reach even with ED.

It all boils down to calculating your risk and reward. ED-ing to a higher ranked school (Columbia) will get you a higher chance of getting in but you risk getting WLed at other places that you would have gotten in otherwise if you had ED-ed there instead.

Yardbird

Re: GPA 3.15, LSAT 174, application strategy?

Postby Yardbird » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:28 am

senorhosh wrote:Exact same numbers as me. (Well, my UG gpa is 3.15, my LSAC gpa is a bit lower.)

USC /LA/Berkeley and other CA schools like high GPA. Your LSAT might get you into UCLA/USC but long shot for Berkeley.

Blanket T14.
You will get NU and Gtown. You'll most likely WL in the ~T8 or get accepted if you're pretty lucky.

ED to MVP of your choice if you want, you'll have a good shot with it. Without ED, I'd say your chances of getting WL is greater than getting accepted
If you really want CCN, you might have a shot with ED. You definitely have a shot for NYU but Columbia and Chicago seem like a reach even with ED.

It all boils down to calculating your risk and reward. ED-ing to a higher ranked school (Columbia) will get you a higher chance of getting in but you risk getting WLed at other places that you would have gotten in otherwise if you had ED-ed there instead.

That's the problem I find myself in. Currently thinking something along the lines of:

ED Columbia, if waitlist ride out rest of cycle and hope to get off the waitlist.
, if reject switch UVA to ED and hope for the best.
, if somehow magically accepted to C that would be the end.

I'm just worried since EDing Columbia will obviously hurt my UVA ED chances.

If I do UVA ED first, then there's a good possibility I get in but probably with 0 money and won't find out about the other schools (i.e. Columbia RD or the other T14 and T30 w/ scholly possibilities).

If only I could go back in time to kick my freshmen year slacker self and tell him he was gonna apply to law school.

On another note, I'm not planning on wasting money on HYS (even with a fee waiver). I believe I have 0 shot because of my GPA (someone correct me if I'm wrong). CCN there's a greater than 0 shot at the very least.

Return to “What are my chances?”