My chances?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
dbw29

My chances?

Postby dbw29 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:03 pm

Taking the October 6th LSAT, but here are my undergrad stats:

School: Drexel University
Major: Civil Engineering
Honors Program - Graduating with Distinction in 2013
GPA: 3.95
LSDAS GPA: 4.1 (lots of A+'s)
Excellent reputation among civil and environmental engineering faculty, meaning I have gotten and can get more outstanding recommendations (2 of which I already have)
Many scholarships, including local, regional, and state-wide awards.

I've taken like 4 PrepTests in the past three weeks, since my studying has been a lot of drilling and not full tests. My scores, untimed, were 165, 165, 171, 174. I know they would be lower if I was more strict with time, but I really feel like staying consistent with my study plan will enable me to hit 170+ in time by October.

Looking to go across the street to UPenn for law school, where my sister currently is for chemical engineering.

What are my chances at Penn, Georgetown and is HYS possible for me?

Re: My chances?

Postby 005618502 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:23 pm

dbw29 wrote:Taking the October 6th LSAT, but here are my undergrad stats:

Excellent reputation among civil and environmental engineering faculty, meaning I have gotten and can get more outstanding recommendations (2 of which I already have)

I've taken like 4 PrepTests in the past three weeks, since my studying has been a lot of drilling and not full tests. My scores, untimed, were 165, 165, 171, 174. I know they would be lower if I was more strict with time, but I really feel like staying consistent with my study plan will enable me to hit 170+ in time by October.

Looking to go across the street to UPenn for law school, where my sister currently is for chemical engineering.

Why even post this before you have an LSAT score?

Can MODS just start locking these? Your LSAT score means everything and this ranged of untimed scores means nothing.

nprene

Postby nprene » Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:54 am

Can't say anything about your chances but, if it's any consolation, I had similar untimed practice scores when I first started. My times improved as I got more comfortable with the thought processes required. After 30+ practice exams and working through the logic games bible, I scored a 172 on the actual exam.

Even if you give yourself unlimited time when practicing, make sure you keep track of how much time you spend. It can really boost your morale when you see minutes shaved off of each section.

Lawquacious

Postby Lawquacious » Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:57 am

AssumptionRequired wrote:
dbw29 wrote:Taking the October 6th LSAT, but here are my undergrad stats:

Why even post this before you have an LSAT score?

Can MODS just start locking these? Your LSAT score means everything and this ranged of untimed scores means nothing.

TCR

Nova

Postby Nova » Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:29 pm

Grizz wrote:Image

Your chances of admission depend on your LSAT score. The difference between a 90th percentile LSAT score and a 99th is enormous.

Return to “What are my chances?”