Need advice: 2.78, 173 LSAT

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
TheZoid

Re: Need advice: 2.78, 173 LSAT

Postby TheZoid » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:03 am

Yea. Have to agree with that one. MrAnon consistently gives laughably bad and overly cynical advice. He must be pretty butthurt re: grades, jerbs, or both.

notedgarfigaro

Postby notedgarfigaro » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:30 pm

abc12345675 wrote:Aim higher!!!! You're a mortal lock for WUSTL. early decision at Northwestern is probably your best bet and if you get in there, run do not walk to the mailbox and submit your deposit.

If you wanna stay in NC, I think you have a good shot obviously at Wake and UNC with your LSAT

LSAT>>>GPA

UNC's pretty anal about GPA...might get off a waitlist if he gets WLed, but probably straight up rejected. In at Wake Forest with a scholarship though. Also, I thought ED to Northwestern was no longer splitter friendly due to the full ride attached to it?

dowu

Postby dowu » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:46 pm

notedgarfigaro wrote:Also, I thought ED to Northwestern was no longer splitter friendly due to the full ride attached to it?

I'm pretty sure this is still the credited advice.

Dr. Filth

Postby Dr. Filth » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:47 pm

nmop_apisdn wrote:
notedgarfigaro wrote:Also, I thought ED to Northwestern was no longer splitter friendly due to the full ride attached to it?

Yeah all of the splitters here were held from ED, but iirc all of the ones that ED'd (crumps, Samara, and some others) got in RD from the hold instead of getting WL'd.

Icculus

Postby Icculus » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:29 pm

Dr. Filth wrote:
nmop_apisdn wrote:

Yeah all of the splitters here were held from ED, but iirc all of the ones that ED'd (crumps, Samara, and some others) got in RD from the hold instead of getting WL'd.

I'm pretty sure an ED splitter would probably be switched to RD with the new scholarship, but it still probably gives a boost in the RD process.

Return to “What are my chances?”