Help me out a little!? 3.2/168ish LSAT

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
shoobies

Help me out a little!? 3.2/168ish LSAT

Postby shoobies » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:29 pm

Long time lurker, first time poster seeking some wisdome here... I have a mediocre GPA (3.2-chemical engineering at Michigan) and no LSAT score yet from the June LSAT but am expecting about a 168- this is on the low side just in case. I know, I know- no LSAT score no chances but this whole waiting thing is kinda freaking me out just a little.

I am finishing up my master's in biomedical engineering in December.

I'm going for IP law and am currently working as a patent clerk/ studying for the patent bar (which I will defiantly take before I apply to law schools).

Other than that, no other interesting softs. I am bilingual/ first generation American but I'm also super white so no one cares about that.

My dream is NYU but I've pretty much convinced myself that it's not happening because of my GPA. I'm also looking at Cordozo... Any chance there? I'm from Michigan and not really willing to relocate go anywhere that's not the east coast. Anywhere else I should be looking at??

rinkrat19

Re: Help me out a little!? 3.2/168ish LSAT

Postby rinkrat19 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:32 pm

If you're underestimating your LSAT and it's actually more like a 170/171, look at Northwestern.

Nova

Postby Nova » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:50 pm

Youre pretty much a lock at Dozo. Your scholly could be anywhere between 80k and 150k, according to LSN. Decent shot at Fordham but not with much $$, which very risky, to say the least. I know you want east coast but WUSTL and UMN are definitely in play, and they would likely hook you up with decent $$ if admitted.

fltanglab

Postby fltanglab » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:24 pm

GW since you want IP.

emkay625

Postby emkay625 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:17 am

If you manage to break 170 NU should open up.

FlanSolo

Postby FlanSolo » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:23 am

fltanglab wrote:GW since you want IP.

TLSwag

Postby TLSwag » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:43 am

shoobies wrote:Long time lurker, first time poster seeking some wisdome here... I have a mediocre GPA (3.2-chemical engineering at Michigan) and no LSAT score yet from the June LSAT but am expecting about a 168- this is on the low side just in case. I know, I know- no LSAT score no chances but this whole waiting thing is kinda freaking me out just a little.

I'm going for IP law and am currently working as a patent clerk/ studying for the patent bar (which I will defiantly take before I apply to law schools).

Other than that, no other interesting softs. I am bilingual/ first generation American but I'm also super white so no one cares about that.

My dream is NYU but I've pretty much convinced myself that it's not happening because of my GPA. I'm also looking at Cordozo... Any chance there? I'm from Michigan and not really willing to relocate go anywhere that's not the east coast. Anywhere else I should be looking at??

retake

lynch

Postby lynch » Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:24 am

TLSwag wrote:
shoobies wrote:Long time lurker, first time poster seeking some wisdome here... I have a mediocre GPA (3.2-chemical engineering at Michigan) and no LSAT score yet from the June LSAT but am expecting about a 168- this is on the low side just in case. I know, I know- no LSAT score no chances but this whole waiting thing is kinda freaking me out just a little.

retake

Nice I dea.

Return to “What are my chances?”