Chances at UT. Should I postpone LSAT? PLEASE HELP!

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
helpplease
Posts: 130
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:12 pm

Chances at UT. Should I postpone LSAT? PLEASE HELP!

Postby helpplease » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:38 am

My last two practice tests have been a 164 & 165. My diagnostic a month ago was a 151 and I definitely can still improve in some areas (RC), but I don't know whether I should wait until October and take it then or just get it over with now. I'm shooting to get admitted at UT, (3.56-3.8, 165-170), and my current GPA is a 3.51; however, I do have an excellent resume and am a Texas resident, but i'm not really sure how much that'll help.

Also, my biggest concern with taking the October LSAT is that I start a full-time internship in a week that'll last the entire summer and when school starts back up again i'll be busy with classes and extracurriculars/part-time job. Don't know whether I can increase to a 168ish considering that i'll probably only have ~2 hours a day to study. Any advice/recommendations is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!!

User avatar
Br3v
Posts: 4174
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:18 pm

Re: Chances at UT. Should I postpone LSAT? PLEASE HELP!

Postby Br3v » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:08 am

Yeah, probably, if you have never scored in the range you want to score. Though if you think you can tomorrow I'd try.

User avatar
Nova
Posts: 9116
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Re: Chances at UT. Should I postpone LSAT? PLEASE HELP!

Postby Nova » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:37 pm

With a below median GPA, you are gonna need a median LSAT to have a decent chance. I think thats a 167. If I were you, I would cancel, take in Oct, retake in Dec if necessary, and reretake June 2013 if your cycle doesnt go well.




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests