Could I get into University of Tennessee Law School

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
heeloftar

Re: Could I get into University of Tennessee Law School

Postby heeloftar » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:54 pm

The top of UT places well in TN. In particular, Nashville and Chattanooga (which has to compete w/ Atl re: salaries). Other than that, you're probably better off re-taking and try to get into Vandy.

JCFindley

Postby JCFindley » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:29 pm

The big Orange is not a bad school to practice in the state but realistically you CAN go there for free.... Realistically, you can probably get into Vandy for nearly free....

I say realistically because the LG section really can be learned..... Here is the good news, you have time to do it..... So many people on here are given the advice late in the cycle to sit out a year and retake which is often good advice but people have a hard time seeing that. So you take the June LSAT as it is already paid for. NO pressure though as you use it as a practice test. Then study HARD for the October LSAT. You can find a ton of people here that improved 10 or fifteen points..... There is an LSAT study section of the forum to help you find out how. Taking the test multiple times is not frowned upon because schools only report the score they used to admit you for "their grade." (LSAT scores play a big part in a school's ranking thus they are happy to use the 175 you get in October over the lower score you got before that...)

As a URM with a high LSAT and your GPA you will have doors well beyond the state of TN wide open for you or you could well get a full ride within the state.....

Best of luck.

JC

anitadonielle

Postby anitadonielle » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:26 pm

Okay so Im going to try for a 170 in October. I will put more time into studying for the October test. I had completely forgotten about Vandy. I an try them if I get this lsat score up.

Samara

Postby Samara » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:39 pm

jurisx wrote:There is always Alpalachia law school if UOT turns you down.

You are an annoying, unfunny troll. Which derpy opinions do you hold? Racism? Sexism? Homophobia? Or are you gunning for body of work? The sooner we know, the sooner you can get permabanned and we can all move on.

TheZoid

Postby TheZoid » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:50 am

rinkrat19 wrote:
TheZoid wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:Better question: why would you want to?

If I had a 3.78, I'd be going to a top 6 school.

Well aren't you like, pretty special man.
No, but OP is, because she has a 3.78. She shouldn't waste it on a shitty school.

Yea I'm with you, but there's no need to go subtlebragging about your LSAT in this thread.

Easy-E

Postby Easy-E » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:11 am

TheZoid wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:
TheZoid wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:Better question: why would you want to?

If I had a 3.78, I'd be going to a top 6 school.

Well aren't you like, pretty special man.
No, but OP is, because she has a 3.78. She shouldn't waste it on a shitty school.

Yea I'm with you, but there's no need to go subtlebragging about your LSAT in this thread.

Humblebrag you mean?

Return to “What are my chances?”