How will LSAC calculate this?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
LionelHutzJD

How will LSAC calculate this?

Postby LionelHutzJD » Sat May 26, 2012 12:30 pm

Ok, so I understand that the lsdas gpa will count a withdraw as an F (correct?). However, I have a W which I expect to be counted as a F since I dropped the class right before the final. But I also have a UW from a class I dropped after the first few days. It seems unfair that they would count this as an F. Is this the case?

bostonlawchick

Re: How will LSAC calculate this?

Postby bostonlawchick » Sat May 26, 2012 12:35 pm

It depends on your school's policy. I had probably around 15-20 W's which were done at varying points during the semester (some less than a month before finals) and I think only one of them ended up counting because it was on my transcript as a withdrawal failing. I still ended up with a 3.3 LSAC GPA, so they obviously couldn't have all been Fs.

LionelHutzJD

Postby LionelHutzJD » Sat May 26, 2012 12:38 pm

bostonlawchick wrote:It depends on your school's policy. I had probably around 15-20 W's which were done at varying points during the semester (some less than a month before finals) and I think only one of them ended up counting because it was on my transcript as a withdrawal failing. I still ended up with a 3.3 LSAC GPA, so they obviously couldn't have all been Fs.

Well I think most schools don't count them as F. Not sure how the LSAC will see it...but thanks definitely makes me feel a little better haha

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Sat May 26, 2012 12:40 pm

LionelHutzJD wrote:Ok, so I understand that the lsdas gpa will count a withdraw as an F (correct?). However, I have a W which I expect to be counted as a F since I dropped the class right before the final. But I also have a UW from a class I dropped after the first few days. It seems unfair that they would count this as an F. Is this the case?

w>passes are usually not calculated, especially in that scenario

LionelHutzJD

Postby LionelHutzJD » Sat May 26, 2012 12:43 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
LionelHutzJD wrote:Ok, so I understand that the lsdas gpa will count a withdraw as an F (correct?). However, I have a W which I expect to be counted as a F since I dropped the class right before the final. But I also have a UW from a class I dropped after the first few days. It seems unfair that they would count this as an F. Is this the case?

I'm sorry, could you clarify?

lovejopd

Postby lovejopd » Sun May 27, 2012 10:07 pm

LionelHutzJD wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:

I'm sorry, could you clarify?

LSAC does not count withdraw before deadline of W(depending on your school/check your syllabus) as F. I dropped one introductory history class before deadline(which was after midterm before final, 1 and half month after school starts), and LSAC did not count

HTH

wearefoxsports

Postby wearefoxsports » Mon May 28, 2012 12:49 pm

Depends on your school's policy. In my school, if you want to drop a class:

1) in the first week, then nothing appears on your transcript

2) before the end of the 1st month, then a "W" appears on your transcript (this doesn't affect your GPA)

3) before the end of the 3rd month, then the instructor needs to assign either a "WP" (withdraw pass) or a "WF" (withdraw fail) based on your performance so far. "WP" counts as a "W", but "WF" counts as an "F"

4) after the end of the 3rd month, then automatic "F"

I would double check with your registrar office. As long as you get a "W" or "WP"on your transcript, you are good.

Return to “What are my chances?”