Chances?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
cauchyapple

Chances?

Postby cauchyapple » Thu May 24, 2012 5:37 pm

Background: 0 law preparation or related extracurriculars.
Softs: weak (I do some stuff but nothing crazy). Consulting intern, volunteering, job during school year, bit of music.
Gpa: 3.97 math major from one of hyp (One of my strengths is thinking logically/rigorously and being able to understand abstract math jargon)
LSAT: Haven't taken but I'm pretty good at standardized tests and exams in general. Suppose I got a 175 or something after a bunch of studying.

Sorry that this is such a shitty post but I've been thinking about career options and was wondering if getting into a top law school could be realistic for me. I have two years of college left.

Motivations: tbh I definitely can't say I'm super passionate about law. I'm just evaluating it as one of my career options. I'm good at logical thinking and research and also want to make a good living. I wouldn't mind some boring work as long as it's not miserable. Feel free to tell me if I should just stay away.

Thanks!

edit: Ok thanks for the responses. I suppose this thread can be closed now. I had no idea the lsat was that significant compared to the other stuff.
Last edited by cauchyapple on Thu May 24, 2012 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rinkrat19

Re: Chances?

Postby rinkrat19 » Thu May 24, 2012 5:49 pm

No one will answer a hypo with an "assumption" that you're going to score in the top one half percent of all LSAT-takers.

You have a 3.97 and no LSAT. Those two things combined are like 95% of law school admissions.

lawschoolnumbers.com
lawschoolpredictor.com

cauchyapple

Postby cauchyapple » Thu May 24, 2012 5:59 pm

Fair enough. Are LSAT + GPA really weighed that highly? I only ask because from what I remember applying to undergrad, pretty much everybody had perfect gpa and test scores so it was mostly other things that would distinguish you from the pool.

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Thu May 24, 2012 6:02 pm

cauchyapple wrote:Fair enough. Are LSAT + GPA really weighed that highly? I only ask because from what I remember applying to undergrad, pretty much everybody had perfect gpa and test scores so it was mostly other things that would distinguish you from the pool.
Yes, they are. Softs matter mostly just as tiebreakers in law school admissions.

See websites mentioned above.

Nova

Postby Nova » Thu May 24, 2012 6:48 pm

cauchyapple wrote:Suppose I got a 175 or something after a bunch of studying.

lol.

Mr. Pancakes

Postby Mr. Pancakes » Thu May 24, 2012 6:50 pm

Fucking Robin Singh doesn't score that high at times.

twenty

Postby twenty » Thu May 24, 2012 8:12 pm

How would fucking Robin Singh increase your LSAT score?

I'm very curious.

Mr. Pancakes

Postby Mr. Pancakes » Thu May 24, 2012 8:53 pm

twentypercentmore wrote:How would fucking Robin Singh increase your LSAT score?

I'm very curious.

It probably would if you think about it.

Return to “What are my chances?”