When to apply?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
inevitable510

When to apply?

Postby inevitable510 » Fri May 18, 2012 12:41 pm

I currently have a 3.5 (just completed a mini-summer semester) and I'm going to be taking a Fall Semester and if I continue my 4.0 semester trend (they're easy classes, so its almost guaranteed) I'll end up with a 3.58. Does the 3.5 versus 3.58 really matter? Should I ideally go thru the whole year without applying and have a 3.6 (with Spring semester) and then apply and get more scholarship money? My LSAT's a 176. I was planning on applying in September when apps open is it advised to wait until after my Senior year?

The GPA seriously can't get any lower from where I am right now, they're just the basic core classes left. I took my major-classes first and sorta screwed up, bleh.

Thank you!

bmore

Re: When to apply?

Postby bmore » Fri May 18, 2012 12:44 pm

If you wait until after your senior year you will likely not get in anywhere. Apply whn apps open. Send updated transcripts later.

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Fri May 18, 2012 12:57 pm

Apply in Oct/Nov. If you want your senior year grades counted, you should wait a cycle and apply fall of 2013.

As for the difference between a 3.5 and a 3.58, check the medians of the schools you're aiming at. 0.08 really only makes a difference if it tips you over the median at a school. But if the median is, say, 3.4 or 3.7, then the difference will hardly matter.

Nova

Postby Nova » Fri May 18, 2012 3:08 pm

bmore wrote:If you wait until after your senior year you will likely not get in anywhere. Apply whn apps open. Send updated transcripts later.

Ummm, thats true if OP still wants to start in 2013. I would assume they know that if they wait till after their senior year to apply, they should be applying for 2014.

OP, a little prudency (wait, get the 3.6, gain some WE while you apply) may help your cycle a bit... but if I were you I would apply this Fall, then update your transcripts when you can. 3.6 is still below all T14 medians, so like RR said, it wont make to much of a difference.

Great job on the LSAT!

Return to “What are my chances?”