Chances

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
User avatar
Helicio
Posts: 483
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:22 pm

Chances

Postby Helicio » Wed May 16, 2012 7:33 am

LSDAS GPA: 4.17
Top 10 UG (dunno if this gives a boost)
Pretty solid extracurriculars (Resident Assitant, internships in DC, editor on my school's student newspaper) but nothing amazing
Non-URM

I'm taking the LSAT on June 11 and have been PTing around 175. If I can score a 170 (I usually underperform on tests due to anxiety), will I have a shot at every school in the nation? Specifically, what would be my chances for HYS and Columbia, respectively?

More specifically, if I get a 170 should I even bother applying to places like Harvard?
Last edited by Helicio on Mon May 21, 2012 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
soj
Posts: 7735
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:10 pm

Re: Chances

Postby soj » Wed May 16, 2012 7:55 am


User avatar
Helicio
Posts: 483
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:22 pm

Re: Chances

Postby Helicio » Wed May 16, 2012 8:00 am

soj wrote:http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com

Yes, I'd apply.


I'm so nub at using lawschoolnumbers

User avatar
FantasticMrFox
Posts: 592
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 3:00 pm

Re: Chances

Postby FantasticMrFox » Wed May 16, 2012 8:02 am

Helicio wrote:
soj wrote:http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com

Yes, I'd apply.


I'm so nub at using lawschoolnumbers

http://search.lawschoolnumbers.com/user ... Cycle=1112

here are the profiles with stats in the range you've given...check their records by clicking each of their profile names. you can see more relevant people by changing the cycle year to gauge your chance against the past applicants.

ETA: I capped LSAT at 175
Last edited by FantasticMrFox on Wed May 16, 2012 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Helicio
Posts: 483
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:22 pm

Re: Chances

Postby Helicio » Wed May 16, 2012 8:03 am

FantasticMrFox wrote:
Helicio wrote:
soj wrote:http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com

Yes, I'd apply.


I'm so nub at using lawschoolnumbers

http://search.lawschoolnumbers.com/user ... Cycle=1112

here are the profiles with stats in the range you've given...check their records by clicking each of their profile names. you can see more relevant people by changing the cycle year to gauge your chance against the past applicants.


FantasticMr.Fox, you are fantastic.

User avatar
FantasticMrFox
Posts: 592
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 3:00 pm

Re: Chances

Postby FantasticMrFox » Wed May 16, 2012 8:04 am

Helicio wrote:
FantasticMrFox wrote:
Helicio wrote:
soj wrote:http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com

Yes, I'd apply.


I'm so nub at using lawschoolnumbers

http://search.lawschoolnumbers.com/user ... Cycle=1112

here are the profiles with stats in the range you've given...check their records by clicking each of their profile names. you can see more relevant people by changing the cycle year to gauge your chance against the past applicants.


FantasticMr.Fox, you are fantastic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jjbu0kSEuQQ

User avatar
Helicio
Posts: 483
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:22 pm

Re: Chances

Postby Helicio » Mon May 21, 2012 2:47 pm

What is the lowest score I would need on the LSAT to have a chance at HYS?

My LSDAS GPA is 4.17.

User avatar
FantasticMrFox
Posts: 592
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 3:00 pm

Re: Chances

Postby FantasticMrFox » Mon May 21, 2012 5:46 pm

Image
Image

You know, you'll need to learn how to use the internet soon ;)

User avatar
Helicio
Posts: 483
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:22 pm

Re: Chances

Postby Helicio » Mon May 21, 2012 9:16 pm

FantasticMrFox wrote:Image
Image

You know, you'll need to learn how to use the internet soon ;)


The thing about LSP is that I really don't know whether a GPA above a 4.0 would help me as much as their formula makes it help me. :(

User avatar
blurbz
Posts: 1229
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:43 pm

Re: Chances

Postby blurbz » Mon May 21, 2012 9:29 pm

Then hedge your bets and put in a 4.0. The answer will be somewhere in the middle.

User avatar
FantasticMrFox
Posts: 592
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 3:00 pm

Re: Chances

Postby FantasticMrFox » Mon May 21, 2012 11:05 pm

I think rather than constantly worrying about the score you need; you should just wait until you get your score and go from there. who knows, it might be considerably higher than what you need




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest