wondering what law schools I should consdier Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
grassynome

New

wondering what law schools I should consdier

Post by grassynome » Mon May 14, 2012 1:35 am

Hello all, I was curious as to what law schools I should look at attending. My stats are as follows:
3.94 GPA
I have been currently testing at around 158, I am kinda hoping to get it to a 160+. I am from Arizona, so far my #1 choice is Arizona State University, but I was looking for some other opinions. Thanks to all!

Br3v

Gold

Re: wondering what law schools I should consdier

Post by Br3v » Mon May 14, 2012 1:38 am

grassynome wrote:Hello all, I was curious as to what law schools I should look at attending. My stats are as follows:
3.94 GPA
I have been currently testing at around 158, I am kinda hoping to get it to a 160+. I am from Arizona, so far my #1 choice is Arizona State University, but I was looking for some other opinions. Thanks to all!
Lawschoolnumbers.com

You have a very high gpa, don't waste it. Aim to break 170, then Harvard Yale Stanford are potential options for you.

rad lulz

Platinum

Post by rad lulz » Mon May 14, 2012 1:38 am

grassynome

New

Post by grassynome » Mon May 14, 2012 1:43 am

Thanks I'll check them out, I'll keep working at it, this will be my second time taking the test and I am struggling to break the 160 barrier somehow I do not see myself breaking the 165 barrier but that'd be way cool! ha

togepi

Silver

Post by togepi » Mon May 14, 2012 2:48 am

grassynome wrote:Thanks I'll check them out, I'll keep working at it, this will be my second time taking the test and I am struggling to break the 160 barrier somehow I do not see myself breaking the 165 barrier but that'd be way cool! ha
With that GPA, hitting 165 will open a decent amount of schools to you with great scholarship offers. Being above both medians and ideally above both 75th percentiles will give you almost a free ride to a good amount of T1s. I think you can do better than ASU, no offense :) Unless you plan on staying there and can get a free ride, nail the LSAT.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

grassynome

New

Post by grassynome » Mon May 14, 2012 12:40 pm

I am retaking the Princeton Review Class, and I just ordered a Powerscore Reading Comp Bible (its by far my worst subject). I take 2-3 tests a week with doing practice problems almost every day. If I can improve reading comp to get through 4 passages accurately it may be possible for me to get it up to a 165.... Any suggestions?

Tom Joad

Gold

Post by Tom Joad » Mon May 14, 2012 12:41 pm

Don't take the LSAT until you are practice testing at the low 170s.

jkpolk

Silver

Post by jkpolk » Mon May 14, 2012 12:51 pm

grassynome wrote:I am retaking the Princeton Review Class, and I just ordered a Powerscore Reading Comp Bible (its by far my worst subject). I take 2-3 tests a week with doing practice problems almost every day. If I can improve reading comp to get through 4 passages accurately it may be possible for me to get it up to a 165.... Any suggestions?
Dont take the class, get the powerscore books.

togepi

Silver

Post by togepi » Mon May 14, 2012 12:54 pm

There's a decent guide called Voyager's Reading Comprehension guide, just search for it. That works decently well. It helps to be very interested in the readings (reading actively) and looking for tone, opinions, main point, etc.

I personally like to pretend I've been rotting in jail for ten years with nothing to read. And I've been handed these passages to read and am fascinated by them.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

grassynome

New

Post by grassynome » Mon May 14, 2012 1:01 pm

togepi wrote:There's a decent guide called Voyager's Reading Comprehension guide, just search for it. That works decently well. It helps to be very interested in the readings (reading actively) and looking for tone, opinions, main point, etc.

I personally like to pretend I've been rotting in jail for ten years with nothing to read. And I've been handed these passages to read and am fascinated by them.

lololol thats amazing, I definitely will try the jail idea haha

rad lulz

Platinum

Post by rad lulz » Mon May 14, 2012 1:04 pm

As always, consider not going to law school due to general shittiness in the legal market.

grassynome

New

Post by grassynome » Mon May 14, 2012 1:10 pm

tfleming09 wrote:
grassynome wrote:I am retaking the Princeton Review Class, and I just ordered a Powerscore Reading Comp Bible (its by far my worst subject). I take 2-3 tests a week with doing practice problems almost every day. If I can improve reading comp to get through 4 passages accurately it may be possible for me to get it up to a 165.... Any suggestions?
You should be looking to improve everywhere. Review your tests you have taken so far and then see if there's a pattern to what you're missing. Then drill the shit out of those question types.

Also, stop burning through practice tests. Your prep lacks focus and that's the major problem. You're just doing practice test after practice test without focusing on WHY you're doing poorly. Save the rest of the tests for later and do some targeted prep for now.

Also I feel personally that I would get burned out doing 2-3 tests a week. Burnout is obviously counterproductive.
Thats a good idea, I miss usually about 5 args usually, and am on and off with nearly perfect game sections, so I'll def look to get faster and more accurate with those. Would you recommend taking practice tests like a week before the test?

togepi

Silver

Post by togepi » Mon May 14, 2012 1:12 pm

I usually preferred doing one test a week (sat or sun) to avoid burnout. Spend the following weekdays reviewing every answer to each question, even the ones you got correct. You want to reinforce your strong points, and improve your weak ones. Find out where you're messing up, if it's completely random or if there are some consistent errors you're making and drill those types until you've fixed them.

If the problem is fatigue and getting burned out DURING the test, I suggest you start going jogging in the mornings here and there and eating healthier.

Also, from personal experience, don't masturbate right before a test, it makes you weak.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”