3.45 GPA LSAT 177

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
ari2012

3.45 GPA LSAT 177

Postby ari2012 » Sun May 06, 2012 2:46 pm

Hello,

I'm double degreeing Political Science (BS) and Public Health (BS) from the University of Houston. What are my chances for getting into the top 20 Law Schools? I'm looking into NYU and Goergetown as my top two. I'm also looking at George Washington University. I'm looking at mainly doing a joint program with Public Health and Law School.

My LSAT-177
GPA-3.45
Poli Sci GPA 3.76
Public Health GPA 3.97
Volunteer-3 years at Memorial Hermann Hospital
Volunteer- 2 years Psychiatric Center
Volunteering at a school working with special needs children (1 year)
Internship for law-working in a law office (2 semesters)
2 Internships for Public Health (both 1 semester)
Internship with the local Police Department
Working as a receptionist for 1 year
Working at a clothing store 6 months
Working as a production assistant for films for 2 years

Clubs-Phi Alpha Delta (Law Society), Student Health Association, Starting the Italian Club, 5k-Club and Cougar Dolls-Dance Team for UH.

I've had many hardships regarding mental health issues during college and have had to go through my mother losing her job as a teacher, just to name a few problems. So my GPA suffered for two semesters.

I mainly have all A's and some B's a few C's. I made up 3 courses I had D's in and I made them up to A's. UH just keeps the old and new grades though, they don't erase the old grade. No F's. And one drop.

So that being said....what are my chances? :)

Thank you!

Nova

Re: 3.45 GPA LSAT 177

Postby Nova » Sun May 06, 2012 2:58 pm

I mainly have all A's and some B's a few C's. I made up 3 courses I had D's in and I made them up to A's. UH just keeps the old and new grades though, they don't erase the old grade. No F's. And one drop.

So does LSAC, which is what matters.

Allow me to look into my crystal ball. Your options are wide open. Probably not HYS, but a good chance at CCN. You're looking at $ from the other T14s and $$$ at T20. Full ride anywhere outside T20 is likely.

Congrats on the 177.

soj

Re: 3.45 GPA LSAT 177

Postby soj » Sun May 06, 2012 5:10 pm

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com

You'll get NYU and probably Columbia. Among the other T14, Georgetown and Northwestern are most likely to bite. You might get some money but probably not a lot from T14.

Return to “What are my chances?”