Do I have a shot at SLS?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
BruceWayne

Re: Do I have a shot at SLS?

Postby BruceWayne » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:07 pm

Just out of curiousity are you considering med school? A 3.85 in Biochem is amazing and probably gives you a shot at some med school with the right MCAT. Do you have experience that tells you you would like law more than medicine? Although I definitely wouldn't say this for all forms of medicine, there are certain medical fields that are much better, quality of life wise (including pay), than anything available in law. Admittedly the debt level and amount of time in school + residency is far less attractive but it's still something to consider.

coldshoulder

Re: Do I have a shot at SLS?

Postby coldshoulder » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:28 pm

Elston Gunn wrote:
CanadianWolf wrote:You'll need a score in the 170s.

Even if you score in the mid to high 170s, consider submitting applications to several other T-14 law schools since almost all competitive applicants to Stanford will have high numbers.

Lol you really are a bizarre poster. At not point did he/she indicate that he/she was only going to apply to Stanford.

OP: with a 3.85 and 168 cold LSAT, you have a very good chance at SLS. They also seem to genuinely care about softs/your personal stament, plus I think your biochem major will help you out. Just study like hell and kill the LSAT. And, you know, apply to other schools too...

Are you being funny? Or do you know that the poster is a black gay woman and we don't?

With a 3.85, if you want a good chance of getting in you need a 171+. Your softs are good, but certainly not good enough to put you above most of the other applicants to SLS. Good luck on the LSAT!

Return to “What are my chances?”