172/3.8 Retake for HYS (?)

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
User avatar
echamberlin8
Posts: 288
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:28 pm

Re: 172/3.8 Retake for HYS (?)

Postby echamberlin8 » Fri May 11, 2012 9:19 am

madvillain wrote:I agree with the advice given in this thread. I applied this cycle with a 3.85/179 and I was rejected from Y and S, and initially held by H before being accepted just a few weeks ago, in late April- basically the last round of admits. So I barely made it in. From my experience, then, I would recommend a retake for H, if that is what you want.


That's kinda annoying you got rejected from Y and S with those numbers. They really are insane to get into.

User avatar
Tiago Splitter
Posts: 15487
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:20 am

Re: 172/3.8 Retake for HYS (?)

Postby Tiago Splitter » Fri May 11, 2012 10:44 am

madvillain wrote:I agree with the advice given in this thread. I applied this cycle with a 3.85/179 and I was rejected from Y and S, and initially held by H before being accepted just a few weeks ago, in late April- basically the last round of admits. So I barely made it in. From my experience, then, I would recommend a retake for H, if that is what you want.


Didn't hear that you got into Harvard. Congrats.

User avatar
lizaregina
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:29 pm

Re: 172/3.8 Retake for HYS (?)

Postby lizaregina » Sat May 12, 2012 11:12 pm

I was accepted to H in January with a 3.8/173 and WL at S and Y. K-JD. So it's not impossible.

User avatar
snailio
Posts: 209
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:40 am

Re: 172/3.8 Retake for HYS (?)

Postby snailio » Sat May 12, 2012 11:43 pm

lizaregina wrote:I was accepted to H in January with a 3.8/173 and WL at S and Y. K-JD. So it's not impossible.



You must have some other mitigating soft's, a flat 3.80 is a very hard hurdle to overcome. As others have said here, you generally need a high LSAT to offset that GPA.

User avatar
Skunky Bumps
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:24 pm

Re: 172/3.8 Retake for HYS (?)

Postby Skunky Bumps » Sun May 27, 2012 4:35 pm

snailio wrote:
lizaregina wrote:I was accepted to H in January with a 3.8/173 and WL at S and Y. K-JD. So it's not impossible.



You must have some other mitigating soft's, a flat 3.80 is a very hard hurdle to overcome. As others have said here, you generally need a high LSAT to offset that GPA.


Agreed. Do you think your softs or an awesome PS sent you over the edge? Or was it just the luck of the draw?




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: echonov, quietnoise and 5 guests