reverse splitter

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
adsssd

reverse splitter

Postby adsssd » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:32 pm

160/3.88
strong softs

cardozo w/scholarship?
GULC PT?

Tom Joad

Re: reverse splitter

Postby Tom Joad » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:33 pm

Is it possible to retake the Law School Admission Test?

adsssd

Postby adsssd » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:35 pm

Tom Joad wrote:Is it possible to retake the Law School Admission Test?

not much of a possibility. so...

iowalum

Postby iowalum » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:41 pm

Why not?

Don't waste a good GPA - you could do much better. But Cardozo probably, GULC probably not (check out Law School Predictor). Don't rely too much on softs.

Bgibbs

Postby Bgibbs » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:42 pm

adsssd wrote:

Unless you've used up your 3 tries it's always possible, and easily the best advice here.

Tom Joad

Postby Tom Joad » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:42 pm

adsssd wrote:

Ugh, that bites if you took it 3 times already.

adsssd

Postby adsssd » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:45 pm

iowalum wrote:Why not?

Don't waste a good GPA - you could do much better. But Cardozo probably, GULC probably not (check out Law School Predictor). Don't rely too much on softs.

cardozo probable w/ scholarship?

Law School Predictor puts me at 40% for GULC pt??

And I took it twice, I might be able to get 162, but its risky.

iowalum

Postby iowalum » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:47 pm

adsssd wrote:

I think it's a risk worth taking. Why do you think you can only get a 162? What kind of studying did you do on your other tests? Your options really open up with even a 164/165.

adsssd

Postby adsssd » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:53 pm

iowalum wrote:
adsssd wrote:

I think it's a risk worth taking. Why do you think you can only get a 162? What kind of studying did you do on your other tests? Your options really open up with even a 164/165.

I took a course first time, then studied for month second time and took 7 PTs. I got like abt -10 on LG.

Bgibbs

Postby Bgibbs » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:55 pm

adsssd wrote:
iowalum wrote:
adsssd wrote:

I took a course first time, then studied for month second time and took 7 PTs. I got like abt -10 on LG.

LG is the most learnable section. Get the LG Bible and you can make a massive improvement there.

Tom Joad

Postby Tom Joad » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:56 pm

adsssd wrote:
iowalum wrote:
adsssd wrote:

That SCREAMS retake. LG is the most learnable section and a month is nothing. Hit the preptests hard for 4 or 6 months and you it may be worth a few hundred thousand dollars to you.

adsssd

Postby adsssd » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:06 pm

i did lg bible and was getting averaging -6 or -7. i breezed through 1st 3 games, but 4th was hardest I had ever seen. I spent 8 min on it and couldn't even set it up. I guessed all 7.

I havent studied since Feb test and for whatever reason, the last time I can take test is this june.

adsssd

Postby adsssd » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:45 pm

flem wrote:
adsssd wrote:

Oh, so you didn't try? Got it.

Retake the test and go to a T14 with money.

Don't go to 'Bozo.

160 is a 12 pt improvement from the 1st test I took. I have studied, albeit there is obviously room fro improvement. I'm just frustrated by the whole thing. I was pting 160-163. I can only really retake in February, if applying next cycle.

stillwater

Postby stillwater » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:49 pm

adsssd wrote:
flem wrote:
adsssd wrote:

Oh, so you didn't try? Got it.

Retake the test and go to a T14 with money.

Don't go to 'Bozo.

160 is a 12 pt improvement from the 1st test I took. I have studied, albeit there is obviously room fro improvement. I'm just frustrated by the whole thing. I was pting 160-163. I can only really retake in February, if applying next cycle.

You said you only took 7 PT before your 2nd attempt. That does not sound, at least to me, like adequate preparation or topping out your potential. I took 50+ PT before I took the LSAT. You can learn the test, you just need to learn it. 7 won't cut it. And like people have said, LG are the MOST learnable section and can become pretty easy and reflexive if you find efficient and intuitive ways to diagram them.

twenty

Postby twenty » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:09 pm

Study hard, hit the October LSAT -> Go to a good school, become rich, live it up.
Don't study -> Go to 'Bozo, become literally buried in 150k+ of debt with virtually no job prospects.

I rather would do a six month stint in Sam Quentin than be 150k in debt with no means of escape.

Return to “What are my chances?”