MTH2 wrote:Where should an AA male with similar numbers look to use their ED at? I was thinking Columbia or NYU.
covebysea wrote:Hello, all. I am very new to this forum.
Start your own threads, don't try and steal this thread from OP.
To the OP: I have a much lower (2.81) GPA than you, but here was my cycle: http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/whimsical
Basically, in at GULC and NU ($), $$ at midwest schools, WL at California schools. The DUI might hurt a little, but I can't imagine that it will have a huge impact on your cycle (others who know more about this can correct me if I'm wrong). Make sure to do a few things to try and optimize your cycle:
- Apply AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE. Basically, get all your LORs submitted by this summer, finish your PS/Why X essays/GPA and DUI addenda/extra essays by August at the latest.
- ED to a higher ranked school (ONLY if you're willing to pay full price there). I would not ED to UCLA though, you have a good shot there via RD.
- Get others to double and triple check your PS/resume/etc. I think people underestimate how much a bad resume or PS can screw with their cycle, ESPECIALLY if you're borderline.
- Do every extra essay and interview you possibly can (so that would be Why X essays at NU/GULC/MVP/Cornell/Duke, and interviews with NU/GULC if requested/Vandy if you apply)
- File your FAFSA/Need Access ASAP - in January, preferably
- Email schools to request fee waivers: oftentimes you can get solicited waivers that you wouldn't have gotten via LSAC's CRS. Also don't forget to check for hidden waivers!