Theoretical Topic--Is It Possible to Get Into HLS for Me? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
echamberlin8

Bronze

Re: Theoretical Topic--Is It Possible to Get Into HLS for Me?

Post by echamberlin8 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:23 pm

soj wrote:http://lawschoolnumbers.com/

You need 172 (173-4 to be safe) for NYU. 170 for UVA, where being in-state will help a lot. Shoot for 180.
I like your way of thinking, and that's honestly what I'm going to try to do, since I'm dedicated to spending 7 months of straight studying for this beast. Columbia I'm guessing I need a 172-173.

I wish I had more desire to go to UVA, but unfortunately, along with Duke and Berkeley, it's one of the schools I least want to go to out of T14. Even though I'm sure it would help me get a BigLaw job in NYC pretty easily (well, somewhat easily).

echamberlin8

Bronze

Post by echamberlin8 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:25 pm

rad lulz wrote:
echamberlin8 wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:Just try to get as high an LSAT score as possible. "What LSAT should I aim for" threads are a waste of time.
Yeah, I know, that wasn't really the point of this thread. It was to determine if Harvard was even possible in my circumstances. I know I need to get as high as I absolutely can to even have a shot, but I've ruled out Yale and Stanford basically, and was curious if Harvard was more open to people with 3.7's and work experience.
This thread is on point to the topic of this thread:

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 9&t=170051
To be fair, I didn't create this thread in this forum. A mod moved it here.

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:43 pm

echamberlin8 wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:Just try to get as high an LSAT score as possible. "What LSAT should I aim for" threads are a waste of time.
Yeah, I know, that wasn't really the point of this thread. It was to determine if Harvard was even possible in my circumstances. I know I need to get as high as I absolutely can to even have a shot, but I've ruled out Yale and Stanford basically, and was curious if Harvard was more open to people with 3.7's and work experience.
And if Harvard isn't possible, are you going to try less hard on the LSAT?

Flash

Bronze

Post by Flash » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:54 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:
echamberlin8 wrote:
And if Harvard isn't possible, are you going to try less hard on the LSAT?
He doesn't want to end up at a second tier CNC.

echamberlin8

Bronze

Post by echamberlin8 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:42 pm

Not sure why you guys are being hostile, but no, I wouldn't try less hard, thank you.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”