3.45/176

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
inevitable510
Posts: 48
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:01 am

3.45/176

Postby inevitable510 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:19 am

Hi guys, this is for a friend who's too lazy to make an account.

His GPA is a 3.45.
LSAT score is a 176.

What are his shots at CCN? No serious softs and not a URM.
Last edited by inevitable510 on Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Samara
Posts: 3245
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 4:26 pm

Re: 3.45/176

Postby Samara » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:22 am

NYU is his best shot. Might snag CC with an ED. Likely a lot of waitlisting without ED.

User avatar
jcccc
Posts: 181
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:42 pm

Re: 3.45/176

Postby jcccc » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:51 am

ED to NYU - high chance
Most likely out for Columbia

User avatar
lonerider
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:14 pm

Re: 3.45/176

Postby lonerider » Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:05 am

.
Last edited by lonerider on Sat May 10, 2014 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
2014
Posts: 5831
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:53 pm

Re: 3.45/176

Postby 2014 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:28 am

ED to NYU has a great chance, RD good chance, Chicago has a better than average chance, Columbia is probably out.

CanadianWolf
Posts: 10439
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: 3.45/176

Postby CanadianWolf » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:42 am

Or ED Northwestern for a $150,000 scholarship. OP should be admitted to two among Columbia, Chicago & NYU (CCN) with a 176/3.45, but what about scholarship money ?

User avatar
Samara
Posts: 3245
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 4:26 pm

Re: 3.45/176

Postby Samara » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:58 am

CanadianWolf wrote:Or ED Northwestern for a $150,000 scholarship. OP should be admitted to two among Columbia, Chicago & NYU (CCN) with a 176/3.45, but what about scholarship money ?

Not going to get the NU ED with a 3.45

CanadianWolf
Posts: 10439
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: 3.45/176

Postby CanadianWolf » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:02 pm

A quick look at lawschoolnumbers.com shows a 174/3.55 received $150,000 from NU this cycle. Applications are expected to be down even more next cycle.

EMZE
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:53 am

Re: 3.45/176

Postby EMZE » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:07 pm

op prob needs work experience for that to work out

CanadianWolf
Posts: 10439
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: 3.45/176

Postby CanadianWolf » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:11 pm

OP's friend may have work experience--we just don't know.

iamrobk
Posts: 485
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:31 pm

Re: 3.45/176

Postby iamrobk » Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:30 pm

Good chance at NYU with RD, pretty much a lock with ED. I think a pretty good chance at Columbia with ED (>50% anyway), and a low possibility of Chicago with ED.

EMZE
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:53 am

Re: 3.45/176

Postby EMZE » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:27 pm

Truth be told it really isn't safe to say anything T6 with those digits is a lock. I can think of one applicant this cycle off the top of my head that has a better GPA and the same LSAT who has has yet to receive an admit to any school they applied to (all T14)

User avatar
Mr. Somebody
Posts: 867
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:42 pm

Re: 3.45/176

Postby Mr. Somebody » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:24 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:A quick look at lawschoolnumbers.com shows a 174/3.55 received $150,000 from NU this cycle. Applications are expected to be down even more next cycle.

Would really like to know what kind of softs that person has... :cry:

But yeah OP.... MVP isn't even a lock with those stats, though you'll likely get at least one of them.

inevitable510
Posts: 48
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:01 am

Re: 3.45/176

Postby inevitable510 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:50 pm

Sorry, here are the softs: White House intern, developed an organization that focuses on educational obtainment in Rwanda, lots of full time internships every summer, part time thru out the year, received recognition from Pres Clinton on his work abroad, etc.

User avatar
Tiago Splitter
Posts: 15513
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:20 am

Re: 3.45/176

Postby Tiago Splitter » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:30 pm

inevitable510 wrote:Sorry, here are the softs: White House intern, developed an organization that focuses on educational obtainment in Rwanda, lots of full time internships every summer, part time thru out the year, received recognition from Pres Clinton on his work abroad, etc.


So in other words, no work experience.

2014 wrote:ED to NYU has a great chance, RD good chance, Chicago has a better than average chance, Columbia is probably out.


I'd argue that Columbia offers a better chance than Chicago. Chicago is bigger on GPAs, Columbia bigger on LSAT scores.

Columbia will still be tough though with that GPA.

inevitable510
Posts: 48
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:01 am

Re: 3.45/176

Postby inevitable510 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:40 pm

Thank you for the replies, everyone! NYU is definitely the target school here then. ED to NYU, is that the ultimate best chance? Don't want to risk a regular decision to NYU and get wait listed.

Out of curiosity, what does qualify as "work experience"? Just someone who's been out of school and working full time at a real job?
Last edited by inevitable510 on Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Tiago Splitter
Posts: 15513
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:20 am

Re: 3.45/176

Postby Tiago Splitter » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:43 pm

inevitable510 wrote:Thank you for the replies, everyone! NYU is definitely the target school here then. ED to NYU, is that the ultimate best chance? Don't want to risk a regular decision to NYU and get wait listed.


If you're cool with paying sticker (and stoked on NYU) then yes that's a solid move.




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests