My cycle is NUTS. Should I retake LSAT in June?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!

Will June LSAT retake help me get HYS Columbia for 2012 cycle?

Yes, June retake will help you get HYS Columbia for this cycle.
45%
No, June retake will not help you for this cycle.
55%

Total votes: 42

Tom Joad

Re: My cycle is NUTS. Should I retake LSAT in June?

Postby Tom Joad » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:43 am

https://docs.google.com/a/lopers.unk.ed ... meEE#gid=0

There are 137 people held on this spreadsheet who happen to post on TLS and entered their stats. The number of holds has to be staggering.

Geneva

Postby Geneva » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:26 pm

I was also rejected at Penn, but either accepted or placed on "hold" at every other T14 I applied to except for Yale (still waiting to hear back). My GPA is the same as yours and I had a 170 LSAT, so I'm almost certain I wasn't rejected bc of my LSAT. I know one AA male with a 176 LSAT and near 4.0 GPA who was rejected from Penn, Mich, and UVA. He went to Yale. URM cycles are unpredictable, but I'm going to guess you fall into the YP camp for Penn. Don't let it get you down.

Elston Gunn

Postby Elston Gunn » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:52 pm

yankees42789 wrote:I know you're disappointed about the Penn ding, but I don't think you should necessarily consider that to be a harbinger for how the rest of your cycle will play out. Plenty of people get into higher ranked schools and get waitlisted/rejected at lower ranked schools for a variety of reasons so anything is certainly still possible.

Such as, for example, the person who got H, S and a Hamilton, but got waitlisted at Chicago :D

yankees42789

Postby yankees42789 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:43 pm

Last edited by yankees42789 on Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

t14fanboy

Postby t14fanboy » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:48 pm

yankees42789 wrote:
Elston Gunn wrote:
yankees42789 wrote:I know you're disappointed about the Penn ding, but I don't think you should necessarily consider that to be a harbinger for how the rest of your cycle will play out. Plenty of people get into higher ranked schools and get waitlisted/rejected at lower ranked schools for a variety of reasons so anything is certainly still possible.

Such as, for example, the person who got H, S and a Hamilton, but got waitlisted at Chicago :D

Meh. That guy sounds like a complete asshole to me. ;)

phasoranalysis

Postby phasoranalysis » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:48 am

I wish I was a URM.

FlanAl

Postby FlanAl » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:23 am

Aqua wrote:
t14fanboy wrote:Retaking in June will be too late to have an impact this cycle. Pointless if you want to go to law school starting this fall. But if you think you can score better and want to get into better schools next year go for it.

And quick question: what about your cycle is "NUTS" exactly?

I find it strange that I would get into Berkeley/Mich/GULC/UCLA and be waitlisted at TX despite the fact that TX is not as highly ranked and is supposed to care about socioeconomic disadvantage. I find it strange that I should be held at Columbia/Harvard (T5) which have always been higher ranked than Penn and dinged at Penn.

unless you are a tex resident you shouldn't be surprised, they ding all kinds of people from outside the state

Doorkeeper

Postby Doorkeeper » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:03 am

silverino123 wrote:Can you explain more what you mean about a Harvard hold being a death sentence? I applied in Dec and just heard from them today that I was being held..should I stop holding my breath that I have a chance?

You will probably be waitlisted considering you got held so late.

Geneva

Postby Geneva » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:12 am

Doorkeeper wrote:
silverino123 wrote:Can you explain more what you mean about a Harvard hold being a death sentence? I applied in Dec and just heard from them today that I was being held..should I stop holding my breath that I have a chance?

You will probably be waitlisted considering you got held so late.

A late hold relative to submission date or late in the absolute sense?
As an aside, I really do think Harvard will be accepting another round of URMs.

yankees42789

Postby yankees42789 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:21 pm

t14fanboy wrote:
yankees42789 wrote:
Elston Gunn wrote:

Meh. That guy sounds like a complete asshole to me. ;)

That wasn't my intent at all and I apologize if I gave off the wrong impression. But if we're going to go down that road, I'd far prefer that we use this:

Lane is the best.

Return to “What are my chances?”