3.5 173 Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!

T14 Chances?

HYS
7%
CCNYU
29%
Michigan
7%
Penn
14%
Berkeley
No votes
Virginia
14%
Duke
No votes
Northwestern
7%
Cornell
14%
Georgetown
7%

Total votes: 14

t14biglawwannabe

New

3.5 173

Post by t14biglawwannabe » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:39 pm

Hey Everyone,
I am currently finishing my junior of college and have been studying like crazy for the June LSAT. From all the Prep Tests I have completed, I feel confident my range is 172-174, any given test. I will take classes this summer and graduate in December 2012 and will apply in the cycle beginning this fall.

Here are a few facts to help y'all get a better idea of my stats:
3.5 GPA currently. This is the lowest it will be. I am taking a full semester this summer (17 hours) and another full semester in the fall, so it is likely that it will be 3.55-3.6 depending on whether I apply at the beginning of the cycle or after December grades are posted.
URM- have overcome some tough and unique circumstances
Work Experience- Summers at a law firm, have worked in a restaurant, delivered newspapers (basically anything to make money)
Involved in a few on-campus organizations, but nothing too impressive.
Will graduate from a military college. (rigorous daily schedule, prestigious, etc.)

Assuming I score in my desired range on the LSAT, I wanted to get everyone's opinion on the likelihood of any T14 acceptances? Also, would it be better to apply early to T14's with a 3.5something or apply in January with a 3.6something?

Thanks

srfngdd6

Bronze

Re: 3.5 173

Post by srfngdd6 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:45 pm

get A's in the rest of your classes and come back with a real LSAT score

splitmuch

Silver

Post by splitmuch » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:45 pm

t14biglawwannabe wrote:Hey Everyone,
I am currently finishing my junior of college and have been studying like crazy for the June LSAT. From all the Prep Tests I have completed, I feel confident my range is 172-174, any given test. I will take classes this summer and graduate in December 2012 and will apply in the cycle beginning this fall.

Here are a few facts to help y'all get a better idea of my stats:
3.5 GPA currently. This is the lowest it will be. I am taking a full semester this summer (17 hours) and another full semester in the fall, so it is likely that it will be 3.55-3.6 depending on whether I apply at the beginning of the cycle or after December grades are posted.
URM- have overcome some tough and unique circumstances
Work Experience- Summers at a law firm, have worked in a restaurant, delivered newspapers (basically anything to make money)
Involved in a few on-campus organizations, but nothing too impressive.
Will graduate from a military college. (rigorous daily schedule, prestigious, etc.)

Assuming I score in my desired range on the LSAT, I wanted to get everyone's opinion on the likelihood of any T14 acceptances? Also, would it be better to apply early to T14's with a 3.5something or apply in January with a 3.6something?

Thanks
Youre going to have to be more specific on the URM status. The "overcome some tough and unique circumstances" angle doesn't help nearly as much as being able to check the right box.

caminante

Bronze

Post by caminante » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:48 pm

Not many people will play along since you don't have real scores or even your final GPA yet...

I am wondering what type of URM you are though, as that would make a difference and I don't mind speculating about possibilities with future 0Ls :)

And of course you should check out lawschoolnumbers.com and lawschoolpredictor.com and play around with your possibilities as much as you want :wink:

Gold

Post by 20130312 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:49 pm

Enjoy lawschoolnumbers.com

Also, what the hell is this poll?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

t14biglawwannabe

New

Post by t14biglawwannabe » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:50 pm

[/quote]

Youre going to have to be more specific on the URM status. The "overcome some tough and unique circumstances" angle doesn't help nearly as much as being able to check the right box.[/quote]

I can check the box, there is more to the story that I didn't want to elaborate on in the forum.

caminante

Bronze

Post by caminante » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:15 pm

The issue is that you would get different boosts if you are African American vs. native american vs. latino, etc.

However, I would guess that being a URM with a 3.5 and a 173 you would have a solid chance at T6.

Do the best you can on the LSAT and you will likely have some really great options for law school. Good luck!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “What are my chances?”