163/3.9 at Emory

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
dkang
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 9:26 am

163/3.9 at Emory

Postby dkang » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:29 am

156 then 163.

3.9 from a bad public but large school in GA.

Worked a year at a law firm in undergrad.

What do you think my chances are Emory are?

t14fanboy
Posts: 438
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:51 pm

Re: 163/3.9 at Emory

Postby t14fanboy » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:05 am

lawschoolnumbers.com

AffordablePrep
Posts: 357
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:27 am

Re: 163/3.9 at Emory

Postby AffordablePrep » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:08 am

If this is your LSAC GPA, you're definitely in. If you can improve your LSAT a couple more points, you'd also probably get UVa, which would be a better option for the south. If your desire is only Atlanta with no interest elsewhere in the region, Emory almost never makes sense over UGA, which is cheaper and seems to place better in the ATL.

User avatar
law4vus
Posts: 743
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:35 am

Re: 163/3.9 at Emory

Postby law4vus » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:27 am

AffordablePrep wrote:If your desire is only Atlanta with no interest elsewhere in the region, Emory almost never makes sense over UGA, which is cheaper and seems to place better in the ATL.


Emory seems to be pretty generous with scholarship money, though. If the costs end up the same, I think Emory probably is the better "name".

That being said, don't go to law school if you can't get the T14. Get a 165+, go to UVA, profit.

User avatar
seancris
Posts: 676
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:10 pm

Re: 163/3.9 at Emory

Postby seancris » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:11 pm

law4vus wrote:
AffordablePrep wrote:If your desire is only Atlanta with no interest elsewhere in the region, Emory almost never makes sense over UGA, which is cheaper and seems to place better in the ATL.


Emory seems to be pretty generous with scholarship money, though. If the costs end up the same, I think Emory probably is the better "name".

That being said, don't go to law school if you can't get the T14. Get a 165+, go to UVA, profit.


Not sure when OP applied, but I applied to Emory in early January with a 4.0/163 and was admitted with 60k a few weeks ago.

If OP wants Emory (and doesn't recieve any $$ this cycle), I would recommend retaking and applying early to get their max scholly of 90k.

Then again, another poster on TLS was only offered 24k for his 4.0/163 last cycle so a 60k offer might not be there next year at the same numbers.

ab04825
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:09 am

Re: 163/3.9 at Emory

Postby ab04825 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:23 pm

Hey! I was just accepted into Emory from an undergraduate public institution in GA with a 156/3.71. I would say that Emory looks at the overall picture (scores, extracurriculars, internships) when making their admittance decisions. Needless to say, with my low LSAT score, I still received a 50k scholarship.

I suggest applying. I nearly convinced myself that I had no chance at receiving admission to Emory and almost didn't apply.

What do you have to lose?

ejs04100
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:30 pm

Re: 163/3.9 at Emory

Postby ejs04100 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:36 pm

@ab04825 Congrats on your acceptance to Emory! Your post was very encouraging to me- I just received my LSAT score- 160 and a 3.9 gpa. I'm out of state but I'm definitely still going to apply this fall early decision for fall of 2013 admission. I've visited the school and I think it would be a great fit for me. Best wishes to you!

User avatar
seancris
Posts: 676
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:10 pm

Re: 163/3.9 at Emory

Postby seancris » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:06 am

You went 156/163/160?

dkang
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 9:26 am

Re: 163/3.9 at Emory

Postby dkang » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:01 pm

ab04825 wrote:Hey! I was just accepted into Emory from an undergraduate public institution in GA with a 156/3.71. I would say that Emory looks at the overall picture (scores, extracurriculars, internships) when making their admittance decisions. Needless to say, with my low LSAT score, I still received a 50k scholarship.

I suggest applying. I nearly convinced myself that I had no chance at receiving admission to Emory and almost didn't apply.

What do you have to lose?



Congrats!! I hope you are right, my law firm experience will hopefully help me out!

User avatar
lovejopd
Posts: 548
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:00 pm

Re: 163/3.9 at Emory

Postby lovejopd » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:00 pm

dkang wrote:156 then 163.

3.9 from a bad public but large school in GA.

Worked a year at a law firm in undergrad.

What do you think my chances are Emory are?

Which undergrad?...

dkang
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 9:26 am

Re: 163/3.9 at Emory

Postby dkang » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:23 pm

lovejopd wrote:
dkang wrote:156 then 163.

3.9 from a bad public but large school in GA.

Worked a year at a law firm in undergrad.

What do you think my chances are Emory are?

Which undergrad?...


Georgia State




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot], Screech Owl and 2 guests