Scholarship Help!

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Geneva

Scholarship Help!

Postby Geneva » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:01 pm

Hi! Any way to get money from Berkeley/Mich/Gulc despite the fact that my numbers are at median or below? I'm thrilled to have been accepted to these schools, but am really freaked out by the prospect of major debt. Thinking if I get 171+ LSAT in June that might help, but it may be too late bc seat deposits are due before that time. My GPA=3.7, so can't do anything about that at this point. Thanks in advance!

Killingly

Re: Scholarship Help!

Postby Killingly » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:03 pm

Geneva wrote:Hi! Any way to get money from Berkeley/Mich/Gulc despite the fact that my numbers are at median or below? I'm thrilled to have been accepted to these schools, but am really freaked out by the prospect of major debt. Thinking if I get 171+ LSAT in June that might help, but it may be too late bc seat deposits are due before that time. My GPA=3.7, so can't do anything about that at this point. Thanks in advance!

Mich seems open to reviewing any other scholarship offers. Wait until you've gotten all of the offers you think you'll be getting from other schools, then send financial aid an e-mail.

Geneva

Postby Geneva » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:13 pm

Killingly wrote:
Geneva wrote:Hi! Any way to get money from Berkeley/Mich/Gulc despite the fact that my numbers are at median or below? I'm thrilled to have been accepted to these schools, but am really freaked out by the prospect of major debt. Thinking if I get 171+ LSAT in June that might help, but it may be too late bc seat deposits are due before that time. My GPA=3.7, so can't do anything about that at this point. Thanks in advance!

Mich seems open to reviewing any other scholarship offers. Wait until you've gotten all of the offers you think you'll be getting from other schools, then send financial aid an e-mail.

Thanks! My concern is that I won't get any offers because it seems I'm either below median LSAT or below median GPA or both for the T14 schools. Wish I had applied to NYU.

Geneva

Postby Geneva » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:20 pm

Geneva wrote:
Killingly wrote:

Thanks! My concern is that I won't get any offers because it seems I'm either below median LSAT or below median GPA or both for the T14 schools. Wish I had applied to NYU.

Do you think offers from lower ranked schools will help? 105K scholarship at BU is my best offer so far. Is it worth applying to GWU in hopes of getting scholly money for leverage purposes?

Killingly

Postby Killingly » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:21 pm

Geneva wrote:
Geneva wrote:
Killingly wrote:

Do you think offers from lower ranked schools will help? 105K scholarship at BU is my best offer so far. Is it worth applying to GWU in hopes of getting scholly money for leverage purposes?

I'd say it's worth a shot with that kind of money from BU.

Return to “What are my chances?”