CWRU alumni with 2.95/149

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
dodgerblue112
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:27 am

CWRU alumni with 2.95/149

Postby dodgerblue112 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:01 am

I would have retaken the LSAT if not for the fact that I have gotten into a few schools already (Cleveland State, Baltimore, Akron). I had medical issues my first two years of undergrad, which is why the GPA is a bit low. I was wait-listed by the U. of Maryland, and I'm still waiting on my alma mater. Realistically, what are my chances?

User avatar
Ded Precedent
Posts: 767
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:26 pm

Re: CWRU alumni with 2.95/149

Postby Ded Precedent » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:03 am

How long did you study for the LSAT for? Do you mind if I ask what your diagnostic was?

dodgerblue112
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:27 am

Re: CWRU alumni with 2.95/149

Postby dodgerblue112 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:24 am

I pretty much spent most of 2011 studying for it, including a Kaplan course. Took 3 practice tests (placed in the high 130s/low 140s due to logic games) before taking the actual LSAT in October.

EMZE
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:53 am

Re: CWRU alumni with 2.95/149

Postby EMZE » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:35 am

Take the remaining 60 practice tests and then retake. You studied for an entire year and only took 3 practice tests?

Your chance of getting into those schools is on the low side. But you should be looking elsewhere anyway.

User avatar
Ded Precedent
Posts: 767
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:26 pm

Re: CWRU alumni with 2.95/149

Postby Ded Precedent » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:14 am

dodgerblue112 wrote:I pretty much spent most of 2011 studying for it, including a Kaplan course. Took 3 practice tests (placed in the high 130s/low 140s due to logic games) before taking the actual LSAT in October.

Buy the Powerscore bibles and about 30 practice tests and I bet you can at least break into the 160s. What was your diagnostic?

Also, are you a URM?

dodgerblue112
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:27 am

Re: CWRU alumni with 2.95/149

Postby dodgerblue112 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:21 pm

I am a URM (Black/African-American), and if I don't get into Maryland or CWRU (or at least Howard), I probably will either retake it or just go through the (complicated, I assume) process of transferring after my first year. (I'm looking to get into government work or lobbying)

My diagnostic was in the low 130s (I want to say 134, but I can't remember it off the top of my head).

I took so few practice tests because it was my senior year (capstones, class projects, work, etc.) Really, I only had the summer to seriously dedicate time to studying

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18402
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: CWRU alumni with 2.95/149

Postby bk1 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:36 pm

Don't just go to law school because you got into just any law school. The employment outcomes at the schools you're looking at are downright atrocious.

You should retake. A 160's LSAT coupled with your URM status could get you into decent schools. There are tons of people who study and take all 60 PT's. I personally took over 30-40 of them. Taking 3 is a really bad sign. Even if you don't end up improving, it's foolish not to try.

Finally trying to transfer is a bad thing to rely on. It generally takes being in the top 10% or better of your class to transfer. Because of the curve you have a 90% chance of not ending up in the top 10%.

t14fanboy
Posts: 438
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:51 pm

Re: CWRU alumni with 2.95/149

Postby t14fanboy » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:41 pm

dodgerblue112 wrote:I am a URM (Black/African-American), and if I don't get into Maryland or CWRU (or at least Howard), I probably will either retake it or just go through the (complicated, I assume) process of transferring after my first year. (I'm looking to get into government work or lobbying)

My diagnostic was in the low 130s (I want to say 134, but I can't remember it off the top of my head).

I took so few practice tests because it was my senior year (capstones, class projects, work, etc.) Really, I only had the summer to seriously dedicate time to studying


I swear its the same person alting in all of these chance me threads. We getting trolled so hard.

rad lulz
Posts: 9844
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:53 pm

Re: CWRU alumni with 2.95/149

Postby rad lulz » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:49 pm

.




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests