3.1 166

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
vinnnyvincenzo

3.1 166

Postby vinnnyvincenzo » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:30 pm

So I graduated last spring (MAy 2011) with a 3.3 from my university that was taken down to a 3.1 due to my poor freshman year at a different school. I just took the Feb. LSAT and got a 166 which was right about my PT average. In terms of softs I have a couple good recommendations, one from the President of my college. I have also presented a paper at a conference (if that means anything) I have been working full time at a law firm for 8 months so by the time I apply next cycle I will have been working for about a year and a half. I would personally prefer to attend school in the northeast or mid atlantic because that is where I am from but I also would like to go to the best school possible so if that means anywhere else so be it. Also, as I am sure the top suggestion will be to retake, I agree I will probably be forced to take the LSAT again. But on the chance I dont improve on the retake, what schools would I have a realistic chance of getting into with what I am working with right now?

vissidarte27

Re: 3.1 166

Postby vissidarte27 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:37 pm

I have nearly identical numbers (3.2/166), two years of work experience in banking, good LORs, strong PS, and this is how my cycle went:

UVA: deny
George Mason: Waitlisted
Washington and Lee: In w/ $20k/year
URichmond: In w/ $30k/year
University of Colorado: In w/ $30k total
University of Arizona: In with $15k/year
University of Denver: In with $21k/year
University of Georgia: In with $17k total (tuition equalization)
Georgia State University: In (no word on scholly yet)
Emory University: In with $18k/year
William and Mary: Pending

Hope that gives you some sort of idea. I'm pretty happy with how my cycle has gone and I wish you the best of luck.

Lvaughn714

Postby Lvaughn714 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:21 pm

Also similar numbers 3.0 166 Notre Dame design major undergrad

ND in with $
WM in with $
Georgia in
South Texas in
Baylor in with $$
Wake waitlist
Utexas deny
Memphis in with $$$$
Houston waiting
Maryland waiting

I however have 2yrs work experience and three languages which might have helped with soft friendly schools

dissonance1848

Postby dissonance1848 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:28 pm

Where do you want to work, and where do you have ties?

vinnnyvincenzo

Postby vinnnyvincenzo » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:01 am

dissonance1848 wrote:Where do you want to work, and where do you have ties?

Ideally I would like to work in New York, I live in the suburbs of the NYC now and would like to continue living/working in the general vicinity (upper portion of Jersey or lower Connecticut would also be cool with me). By "ties" do you mean family/friends that can help me find a job after school or just where the people who I am close with are located? Regardless, the answer to both questions is where I live now which is another reason why I would like to stay close.

[quote="vissidarte27"]I have nearly identical numbers (3.2/166), two years of work experience in banking, good LORs, strong PS, and this is how my cycle went:
[quote="Lvaughn714"]Also similar numbers 3.0 166 Notre Dame design major undergrad

Thank you both for sharing your information.

Return to “What are my chances?”