NYU 3.8 169

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!

What are my chances at NYU

Accept
11%
Reject
25%
Waitlist
64%

Total votes: 28

hbh90

NYU 3.8 169

Postby hbh90 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:28 am

I applied this admission cycle and still havent heard anything back..I am naturally thinking ill end up being rejected/waitlisted. Is there any reason why they would wait this long before telling me?

kaiser

Re: NYU 3.8 169

Postby kaiser » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:33 am

hbh90 wrote:I applied this admission cycle and still havent heard anything back..I am naturally thinking ill end up being rejected/waitlisted. Is there any reason why they would wait this long before telling me?

They typically wait until the end for a number of rejections and waitlists. I remember NYU being the last school to get back to me, right as deadlines were approaching for some other schools, and they rejected me. I unfortunately think your LSAT is just a few points off from getting you in.

Geetar Man

Postby Geetar Man » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:45 am

I didn't vote because there wasn't a retake option. Retake for a 172+ and you surely won't have this worry next go around.

kaiser

Postby kaiser » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:51 am

Geetar Man wrote:I didn't vote because there wasn't a retake option. Retake for a 172+ and you surely won't have this worry next go around.

I was almost going to say the same. OP, you have such a strong GPA, so it would be a shame to waste, since an extra 3 points essentially guarantees that you get into NYU or Columbia. Any chance you can re-take the test this summer, and apply again next cycle? I mean, as it is, you should be set with at least some T14 acceptance, but its just a bit short for CCN-range.

Geetar Man

Postby Geetar Man » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:04 am

kaiser wrote:
Geetar Man wrote:I didn't vote because there wasn't a retake option. Retake for a 172+ and you surely won't have this worry next go around.

I was almost going to say the same. OP, you have such a strong GPA, so it would be a shame to waste, since an extra 3 points essentially guarantees that you get into NYU or Columbia. Any chance you can re-take the test this summer, and apply again next cycle? I mean, as it is, you should be set with at least some T14 acceptance, but its just a bit short for CCN-range.

TCR. You scored very high on the LSAT, which gives me a good reason to believe that you can do a little better. I know 3 points is a huge stretch, but I definitely think that if you fine-tuned your LSAT approach, you could pull it off. There's no harm in retaking, unless you plan on going to Y or H. Even then, I'd doubt you'll score significantly lower unless your first LSAT was a fluke.

Return to “What are my chances?”