3.49 for Texas

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
patslogan27

3.49 for Texas

Postby patslogan27 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:17 am

Greetings everyone. This is my first time on this board. I'm an Arizona resident currently considering law school in Texas. My GPA is admittedly not everything I'd hoped for (3.49), but I still have some time to increase it. My question is... is the University of Texas a reach in my situation. I know they tend to favor in-state students by about a 2-1 margin. I've been consistently practice testing anywhere between 168 and 171 on LSAT so I have that going for me... but will my GPA drag me down too far? I know it might be safer to go to an Arizona school but my wife and I both have family in San Antonio and I figured Austin would be perfect. I'm not a URM and I do have work experience in a bank as well as culinary training. No internships to speak of but I applied for one this summer at the Arizona Attorney General's Office. LSP said "Consider" so that's about a 38-62% chance according to the methodology but that only made me more conflicted. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Tiago Splitter

Re: 3.49 for Texas

Postby Tiago Splitter » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:24 pm

If you break 170 you have a chance, but UT does favor GPA more than some other top schools. If you can get yours over 3.5, and get the LSAT over 170 your chances don't look bad at all.

Really hit the LSAT hard and be prepared to retake if you have to. It's worth it.

http://texas.lawschoolnumbers.com/stats

emkay625

Re: 3.49 for Texas

Postby emkay625 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:57 pm

If you can somehow turn that 3.49 into 3.5+ and you manage to hit your PT range, I think you would have a very strong shot.

Return to “What are my chances?”