2.93/155 Chances

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
cpinker3

2.93/155 Chances

Postby cpinker3 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:35 pm

LSAT 155 My undergrad GPA is 3.63 however my LDAS Cumulative is 2.93 because I had a bad year at a community college taking all chem and bio classes before I figured out that it was not for me then I got my head straight and transferred to University of Tennessee and have gotten mostly A's here. I have some good softs, good LORs, and good personal Statements, but I was wondering what people think of my chances at these law schools.(In order of my preference.) Thanks

Penn State
Syracuse
University of Alabama
LSU
University of Seattle
DePaul
University of San Francisco
California Western
Elon
Albany
Charlotte (already been accepted with 21,000, but I will probably withdraw my acceptance)

smelltheglove

Re: 2.93/155 Chances

Postby smelltheglove » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:52 pm

I'm not trying to be a dick, but you should retake. Your job prospects will be horrible at any of those schools (sans Alabama, but you won't get in). If you want to go to law school don't half ass it. Study your butt off for the LSAT to get at least a 164. You can do it.

cpinker3

Postby cpinker3 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:04 pm

Yeah I understand, I was getting higher than that on all of the practice LSAT test I did through Kapplan I just got super nervous the day of and bombed. Since my apps are already out for this cycle I'll see where I do get in and if its not one of the higher rated schools I'll definitely retake the June LSAT and apply next cycle.

law4vus

Postby law4vus » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:58 am

cpinker3 wrote:Yeah I understand, I was getting higher than that on all of the practice LSAT test I did through Kapplan I just got super nervous the day of and bombed. Since my apps are already out for this cycle I'll see where I do get in and if its not one of the higher rated schools I'll definitely retake the June LSAT and apply next cycle.

Good outlook. If you don't get into Bama (which you won't), retake again.

And please, for the love of God, drop that Kaplan bullshit. Worst prep company ever. I got a higher LSAT score than my instructor and I had a full-blown panic attack on test day. Study on your own, get the Bibles, and take every practice test imaginable. DRILL question types (do a bunch of the same type of question until you start to see how they work). You'll get there. The above poster said 164, but I think you shouldn't stop until you can hit 170 because of the low GPA.

Return to “What are my chances?”