161/3.45

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
jlb24

161/3.45

Postby jlb24 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:43 pm

Got waitlisted today from Cardozo. Accepted last week to Temple with $7500/year. What are my chances at Brooklyn and American? And I guess Cardozo May Part-Time?

Been out of school for 2 years, non-URM, currently working in a big law firm as a paralegal.

law4vus

Re: 161/3.45

Postby law4vus » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:55 pm

If you don't have a strong geographic preference for NYC or DC, stick with what you have. The COL is lower in Philly, there isn't as much competition within the city because most Penn grads go out of state, and you have scholarship money.

AU and Cardozo, on the other hand, are competing with large schools in their market along with the entire T14.

As for your chances, you probably have a decent shot at AU and since you already got WL at Dozo, I'm not sure how your chances for May are affected.

IMO, though, stick with what you have unless you're willing to take the LSAT again.

jlb24

Postby jlb24 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:04 pm

law4vus wrote:If you don't have a strong geographic preference for NYC or DC, stick with what you have. The COL is lower in Philly, there isn't as much competition within the city because most Penn grads go out of state, and you have scholarship money.

AU and Cardozo, on the other hand, are competing with large schools in their market along with the entire T14.

As for your chances, you probably have a decent shot at AU and since you already got WL at Dozo, I'm not sure how your chances for May are affected.

IMO, though, stick with what you have unless you're willing to take the LSAT again.

What about Brooklyn?

law4vus

Postby law4vus » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:09 pm

jlb24 wrote:
law4vus wrote:If you don't have a strong geographic preference for NYC or DC, stick with what you have. The COL is lower in Philly, there isn't as much competition within the city because most Penn grads go out of state, and you have scholarship money.

What about Brooklyn?

Same issue as Cardozo. Large, competitive market where it's the 5th or 6th banana in the city, not including the rest of the T14. Again, I think out of your current options, Temple is the best bet.

Return to “What are my chances?”