late cycle at reach schools, pulling hair out, help please

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
curiousnole

late cycle at reach schools, pulling hair out, help please

Postby curiousnole » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:51 pm

I read a previous forum about this but it said a lot of general info such as "if you have great scores you'll get in" and this really isn't that helpful for me personally because I applied to a large number of schools which I was between 25-50% chance of getting in. Any input will be greatly appreciated. I'll be very happy if I get into just one of these schools but I know my chances are even lower because I applied after the December LSAT. I was hoping maybe I could find people who could relate to my situation? I did not include my safety schools. Something else which is really starting to worry me is that because I am so middle of the road for these schools I'm worried they will take forever to make a decision on me and I have to let Miami know by april 15th... Is this a problem I really need to be worrying about? or Will these schools likely let me know before then? Obviously a few will waitlist me, but I'm really hoping I'll just get in somewhere and then I won't have to deal with that. If I get waitlisted at some and don't get accepted to one... all hell is going to break loose haha. Any advice or predictions of my outcomes will be greatly appreciated.

Non-urm
161 (only try)
3.6 double majoring in Political Science and Criminology (3.85 the last two years)
Decent softs (worked for the school)
Solid LORs
Solid PS

So far I was waitlisted at W&L and accepted to Miami.

Biggest reaches to more realistic:
Fordham (pt), UNC, W&M, George Mason, Wake, UF, FSU, Cardozo, Maryland, UConn.

bk1

Re: late cycle at reach schools, pulling hair out, help please

Postby bk1 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:02 pm

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com for your chances.

You can always reapply if you don't get in to these schools this cycle. In fact I would recommend retaking/reapplying since your LSAT is a 161 unless you have actually maxed out your LSAT potential.

curiousnole

Postby curiousnole » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:20 pm

thanks for the response. I have scoured lawschoolnumbers.com many times, but they really don't have any applicants from the last to years with my stats that applied after the December LSAT.
Honestly, if I don't get into them, I'm going to go to Miami. It's not a terrible school, they'll likely give me $, and I'm from Florida and love Miami. I'm really just looking for people's opinions on my chances at those other schools given my borderline (at best) status and late cycle application.

Chi515

Postby Chi515 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:01 am

Go to admissions dean and they have the scores for acceptants for the past few cycles! :) helped me out alot

Return to “What are my chances?”