3.81 168 - Appreciate any and all comments

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
swishin and dishin

3.81 168 - Appreciate any and all comments

Postby swishin and dishin » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:12 pm

Hey all,

First time posting, but really appreciate everything the forum offers. I think it is terrific.

I got all of my applications out in the first week of January, but just want to be sure that before all apps are final I applied to the right number of schools and the right schools.
I am currently in NY and would love for an opportunity either in sports and entertainment law/ or disability law - I know they are very different, but I attribute it to an "interesting" childhood.

I am tied to the area - at least to the Atlantic Coast because of family reasons, but would consider relocating if job prospects were dramatically better.

I applied to
Cornell University (reach)
UPenn (reach)
Fordham
William and Mary (accepted with $$)
Brooklyn
Cardozo/Yeshiva
UConn
BU
BC
UNC - excited by their joint JD/MBA program
Villanova

I have read all about Quinnipiac and understand job prospects are slim but I can't stop thinking about the Dean's Scholarship - if it is possible and if it would be worth it.

I know it is very late in the process, but anywhere else I should consider?

Thanks again everyone

PurplePirate

Re: 3.81 168 - Appreciate any and all comments

Postby PurplePirate » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:13 pm

I would throw Georgetown in there. Good luck.

swishin and dishin

Postby swishin and dishin » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:32 pm

Thank you for the suggestion - I noticed GULC is a bit of a stretch, is that the consensus feeling?

I am also considering UVA, GW and Maryland

From one nervous and hopeful law applicant to another, thanks very much and if I can help any of you in any way PM me and I will help any way I can

Thanks again

elgringobandito

Postby elgringobandito » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:36 pm

I was accepted at Gtown with a 3.81/169, although I applied much earlier and did the alumni interview. But I definitely would not count yourself out.

gavinstevens

Postby gavinstevens » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:59 pm

I applied in November and December with the same numbers (see my LSN).

Cornell isn't a reach, UPenn is though. I'd add UMich, Duke, and Vandy/Texas. Berkeley if you have interesting softs/good PS. NU if you have work experience.

Return to “What are my chances?”