Jedi Knight chances for T14

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!

What do I do?

Keep on the path of the light
No votes
Try dethroning current dark side apprentice (PhilosopherKing)
60%
Go to the Penn System and train under Master JoePa
20%
Apply to T14 and hope for the best
20%
Go to T2 (probably UHoth/UEndor, maybe UBespin if I get a full ride)
No votes

Total votes: 5

JKnight

Jedi Knight chances for T14

Postby JKnight » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:43 am

I’m a Jedi Knight looking to get into a T14. I went through the Jedi Academy for UG (it was kind of one of those things where they recruited me when I was really young and wasn’t exactly sure what I wanted to do) but anyways long story short I am a Jedi Knight now and I’m not really going anywhere. Everyone said that it goes Padawan --> Knight --> Master but its fucking impossible to become a master now. I was always interested in law while I was in the academy and I know that I ultimately wish to enter law, space law if possible.
Now I know like all non-traditional applicants everyone is going to start bombarding me with questions. Do you know what space law is about let alone international law? Can you work 100 hours a week? WTF a jedi knight?
My reasons for going into space law are personal, but because I know that no one will answer my question unless I give my motives here it is.
1. Exit ops to the dark side aren’t that good. Back in the day there were tons of positions in the dark side but now the rule is one Sith Lord and one Apprentice.
2. The Jedi Council is fucking impossible to get into.
3. I know money doesn’t matter but being a Jedi has gotten really bad. I know I won’t necessarily be at a V5 biglaw firm making 500K in a year but as long as I can own a car and live in a respectable place I will be happy.
4. I really don’t like the whole not having sex thing. I know Anakin did it but he was able to lateral to the dark side. As I said before I really don’t have that kind of exit op so if I get fired I'm screwed.
5. I know everyone says Jedis have the best job security but I sense a disturbance in the force that tells me that’s about to change very soon…
Few stats:
I studied at T2 Jedi Academy, my midi-chlorian count is 900 (I know that’s low but I plan to retake), I was the head of my academy’s book club. Also, I won an outer-rim debate championship. Is that a strong soft?
Just a few questions:
1. Do I have a shot of getting into T14 straight from the academy or should I get some w/e and apply after a few years of exp?
2. Should I stay in the academy an extra year so I can do an internship somewhere?
3. I currently have an offer for an unpaid internship at a top law firm but I currently only have 7,000 republic dataries will that be enough to live in NY for the summer?
4. If I get into H can go straight to partner? A dude named curious1 told me that happens sometimes.
5. This guy who looks like an Israeli Flag told me that law school is a scam. Is that true? If it is then I need to apply to Bounty Hunter School ASAP, I hear you need to apply early to get into Wharton.
P.S. to all of you who are going to state the obvious of just getting a scholly to my regional T2, I tried contacting the Jedi Temple on Coruscant but no one picked up.

sky7

Re: Jedi Knight chances for T14

Postby sky7 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:47 am

First.

*Posting in a legendary thread*

bernaldiaz

Postby bernaldiaz » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:49 am

IBTL.

Onthebrink

Postby Onthebrink » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:49 am

AWESOME. JUST AWESOME.

xwing_redleader

Postby xwing_redleader » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:49 am

Red leader standing by.

Have you considered Yavin IV?

EDIT:Also, I'd avoid Naboo. Jar Jar went there. Total TTTT.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:53 am

Your chances are better than that of a Womp rat on Tattooine.

MrPapagiorgio

Postby MrPapagiorgio » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:55 am

Hmm...just joined but already knows about Philosopher King/Burger King...

Flips88

Postby Flips88 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:57 am

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:01 am

MrPapagiorgio wrote:Hmm...just joined but already knows about Philosopher King/Burger King...

Obviously a troll, though a subtle one.

nsbane

Postby nsbane » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:07 am

Retake.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:32 am

kalvano wrote:
MrPapagiorgio wrote:Hmm...just joined but already knows about Philosopher King/Burger King...

Obviously a troll, though a subtle one.

Not subtle, not amusing enough to make me look the other way.

Return to “What are my chances?”