Can't take the suspense 158/ 3.18

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
jamrclap

Can't take the suspense 158/ 3.18

Postby jamrclap » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:57 am

I'm sure like everyone the daily vigil over the mailbox is getting to me. What do you all think? Too late or even necessary to apply to more schools?

December 2010 LSAT: 158
February 2010 LSAT: 148

Not that it matters much:
6+ Years of working experience in mostly politics and now running a restaurant
M.A. in Political Science (Again, not that it matters much but 3.86)
International experience in China

Schools:
American
Denver
Seattle
Ole Miss
Memphis
South Texas

All applications completed right after the really late December score release.

mattviphky

Re: Can't take the suspense 158/ 3.18

Postby mattviphky » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:18 pm

Congrats on raising your lsat 10 points! Do you feel like you can do even better? This late in the cycle, lower numbers like yours probably aren't given the same consideration as they would be in October timeframe. I would study hard, retake in June or October, and apply early next cycle. Trust me, it's worth it. Great softs by the way. If you get about a 165, you could definitely get into the markets you want to crack by going to better schools, or at least going to those schools with great scholarships. Except for American, I've heard they're stingy.

jamrclap

Re: Can't take the suspense 158/ 3.18

Postby jamrclap » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:31 pm

I feel that I could do better on the LSAT but unfortunately I'm at a point in my life where I can't put this off another year. My working plan is to really hit the internships hard and hopefully use the connections for post grad job prospects. I'm also looking into the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program to pay off somewhere like the top 3 choices but that's for another post...

Return to “What are my chances?”