3.5x, 171

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
wonderingwhere

3.5x, 171

Postby wonderingwhere » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:45 pm

I just applied/went complete on all schools this past week (some of my apps were in before)--first/second week of January. I was waiting for my LSAT score.

Can I still maybe get into a T14?

I applied to

UMich
UPenn
UVA
Northwestern
Georgetown
BU
GW
Emory
UGA (in-state)
Cornell
UT Austin
Vanderbilt

Should I just ED to UVA/GULC now? I don't have a clear difference in preference between UVA/Penn/Northwestern/Georgetown but I'm scared that if I don't ED I won't get in anywhere.
Should I add some more schools?

Also, does your undergrad. school matter (aka how good your school is)?

I don't want to apply next cycle.
Last edited by wonderingwhere on Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tiago Splitter

Re: 3.5x, 171

Postby Tiago Splitter » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:51 pm

Undergrad school typically has zero impact.

As tough as it will be to wait another year that's your best bet, but if not ED to UVA if you'd really love to go there.

RonnyDworkin

Postby RonnyDworkin » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:53 pm

Which undergrad college/university?

Smumps

Postby Smumps » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:53 pm

wonderingwhere wrote:I just applied/went complete on all schools this past week (some of my apps were in before)--first/second week of January. I was waiting for my LSAT score.

Can I still maybe get into a T14?

I applied to

UMich
UPenn
UVA
Northwestern
Georgetown
BU
GW
Emory
UGA (in-state)
Cornell
UT Austin
Vanderbilt
UGA

Should I just ED to UVA/GULC now? I don't have a clear difference in preference between UVA/Penn/Northwestern/Georgetown but I'm scared that if I don't ED I won't get in anywhere.
Should I add some more schools?

Also, does your undergrad. school matter (aka how good your school is)?

I don't want to apply next cycle.

You have, literally, the exact same stats as me. Check my LSN to see my cycle. I think your best bet is to ED to UVA, although with WE you have a decent shot at NU. Possible shot at Michigan, although slim because you are so late in the cycle.

Undergrad does matter, to an extent. Don't think it's a huge deal, however.

iamrobk

Postby iamrobk » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:43 pm

I also have extremely similar #'s, got in at Georgetown and GW before I was accepted ED to Penn.

Killingly

Postby Killingly » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:46 pm

Slightly worse numbers and was accepted to Mich, GULC, WUSTL, BC, Fordham and Uconn. Held at NYU (ED), Cornell (EA), and Harvard. Look me up on LSN, if you'd like.

For best results, apply early next cycle.

wonderingwhere

Postby wonderingwhere » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:39 pm

thanks for everyone's help.

ive looked at the stats and i do think that i can get t14 with my numbers. i just wanted to know how much applying this late hurts. should i just go ahead and ed uva, vs. wait a month, see if anything happens, and then tried to ed?

ps. i have 1 yr. WE and i did interview for nu on-site in december.

Smumps

Postby Smumps » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:50 pm

wonderingwhere wrote:thanks for everyone's help.

ive looked at the stats and i do think that i can get t14 with my numbers. i just wanted to know how much applying this late hurts. should i just go ahead and ed uva, vs. wait a month, see if anything happens, and then tried to ed?

It hurts quite a bit. Waiting a year (and doing something impressive during it) would most likely mean a great shot at the top 10. As of now I think you might not be safe.

sandiego222

Postby sandiego222 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:14 pm

Smumps wrote:

It hurts quite a bit. Waiting a year (and doing something impressive during it) would most likely mean a great shot at the top 10. As of now I think you might not be safe.

Can anyone actually back this up? Everyone knocks on applying late, but has anyone actually experienced it? I can see it impacting scholarship info, but they still have available spots in their classes.....

LawSchoolChampion

Postby LawSchoolChampion » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:59 pm

sandiego222 wrote:
Smumps wrote:

Can anyone actually back this up? Everyone knocks on applying late, but has anyone actually experienced it? I can see it impacting scholarship info, but they still have available spots in their classes.....

They have spots available for people who apply with 3.8's and 17X...yes. By now, your only chance is that the schools LSAT median is hurting and they need your 171.

80eight

Postby 80eight » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:06 pm

sandiego222 wrote:
Smumps wrote:

Yeah, unfortunately there profiles on LSN that back it up!

skers

Postby skers » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:51 am

I was in the same boat as you last year (applying late ed to UVA or prayer apps to M or P), decided instead to work another year, get apps in early, and party with my friends. Best decision I could have made. Will be attending a t6 with solid savings. Don't feel like have to go now. You'll have better options applying early next year.

sandiego222

Postby sandiego222 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:19 pm

I feel like tons of people took the December LSAT. Are you saying they are all screwed??

skers

Postby skers » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:59 pm

sandiego222 wrote:I feel like tons of people took the December LSAT. Are you saying they are all screwed??

Not screwed, it's just extremely well demonstrated that applying early is a huge boost and likely results in much better outcomes for the same applicants.

Smumps

Postby Smumps » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:52 pm

sandiego222 wrote:I feel like tons of people took the December LSAT. Are you saying they are all screwed??

Above poster is right on. Also, you missed the chance to ED to a reach school.

Your main problem is as someone discussed above - you (and me), are splitters. We are valuable to schools that need to keep those juicy LSAT medians. Otherwise, we're too much of a liability to their GPA numbers. Once a school feels comfortable with their medians, there's far less of a reason to take a chance on us.

I think applying early is the only reason I got into Penn.

tennisking88

Postby tennisking88 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:34 am

Just apply and see where you get in...no need to argue about this. As for ED, if you absolutely must ED, I'd send one to UVA, since they reply very quickly, and generally place as well as, if not better, than GULC.

Return to “What are my chances?”