Why did Cornell send me a Fee Waiver?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
richalvarez

Why did Cornell send me a Fee Waiver?

Postby richalvarez » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:45 pm

I have very unimpressive numbers, 159/2.96, and can't imagine why they would send me a fee waiver via email. I am Mexican and while I believe that helped, still can't help thinking they're just trying to pad their # of apps. Should I bother applying?

hooma

Re: Why did Cornell send me a Fee Waiver?

Postby hooma » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:57 pm

richalvarez wrote:I have very unimpressive numbers, 159/2.96, and can't imagine why they would send me a fee waiver via email. I am Mexican and while I believe that helped, still can't help thinking they're just trying to pad their # of apps. Should I bother applying?

That's probably true, just depends on how much $16 means to you, and the slim chance you'll be accepted v. the much more probable outcome that you are rejected. I applied to out-of-reaches when I got fee waivers because there is little downside.

moneybagsphd

Postby moneybagsphd » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:57 pm

Not sure why this topic is trending right now. Go ahead and apply, just know that you'll probably be rejected. It's worth $16 to find out IMO.

koalatriste

Postby koalatriste » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:02 pm

why does UVa send out so many fee waivers?

Return to “What are my chances?”