Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
T_SAN

Postby T_SAN » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:06 pm

Last edited by T_SAN on Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: 172/3.26.....too late?

Postby 09042014 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:12 pm

T_SAN wrote:I've been reading these forums over the past few months and I can't tell whether or not I've screwed myself over for this cycle. I had to retake the December test and posted a 172. Since LSAC took their sweet ass time to release the scores, I am now applying what seems to be very late. I really want to start school this fall, but from what I've been reading it also would not be a bad idea to wait until next year.

Anyone have an idea how much of an impact applying this late will have on 1) scholarships and 2) admissions? If I want to attend Northwestern, have my chances dropped from 50-50 if I ED there to 25% chance of admission? 10%? Game over? I'm applying to most of the bottom half of T-14 along with Fordham, GWash, and some local Chicago schools. I also have a decent amount of working experience (2.5 years corporate finance).

Thoughts/Opinions?

You should get into NW with your numbers without an ED.

If your application is totally ready to go, I'd try now. You aren't getting money at the T14 because of that GPA. If your cycle doesn't go well, you can retry next year.

People overblow the apply early thing. It maximizes your chances, but plenty of people do well. And you aren't late yet.

If it will still take forever to get the applications out, maybe you should wait.

T_SAN

Re: 172/3.26.....too late?

Postby T_SAN » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:24 pm

Thanks for the response...I figured I would be paying sticker for T-14 regardless of when I apply b/c of my GPA. But I thought that if I got a decent amount of scholarship from, for instance, a Fordham/GWash or a large scholarship from Depaul/Loyola/Kent that those schools might be worth looking into. I wasn't sure whether my timing would affect my chances of landing $$$ at those schools. I'm looking to practice in Chicago, second choice NYC.

Return to “What are my chances?”