Where should I apply?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Claunica

Where should I apply?

Postby Claunica » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:35 pm

Hi
I'm Nicaraguan and really want to study law in the US and focus in international law, I'm fluent in 4 languages and have 3.7 GPA, currently working for the italian goverment in my country, and going to take the lsat in february. Where should I apply? what would you recommend me?
I'm actually a bit nervous about the LSAT and don't know if american institutions are open to recieve international students, what do you think?
thank you :wink:

landla

Re: Where should I apply?

Postby landla » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:01 pm

You'll have to research which universities are best for your intentions, etc. However, most (if not all, from what I've read - though I have not delved into this deeply) of the schools accept international students. If you are interested in international law, NYU is ranked number 1 by US News & World Report (which is the main ranking system people use, though most don't seem to pay much attention to the specialty rankings, which international law is). There are a lot of law schools that have great international programs, though; it really depends on what you want to end up doing and where in the US you want to study. I would spend some time looking around the profiles on this site as well as the ABA and individual school websites, since that is really where you will find the most information that you are looking for and is trustworthy.

You won't be able to predict where you should apply and have a reasonable chance/reach/safety of admittance until you take the LSAT, so you should really focus on studying like crazy for that right now. (If you aren't already studying from the PowerScore Bibles and a class or however you have chosen to do so, you should start now and probably put off the test until June. That will improve your score dramatically and therefore your chances of admittance.)

I'm very interested in international work, so I've looked into different schools with international programs and courses a bit, though my search was also focused by geography. I'm open to sharing more, though, so feel free to message me!

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:04 pm

goldenflash19

Postby goldenflash19 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:10 pm

Schools will welcome you w/ open arms w/ a stellar LSAT score.

Study hard, and recreate this thread w/ a good score.

Good luck!

Return to “What are my chances?”