Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
AllDangle

Postby AllDangle » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:42 pm

Last edited by AllDangle on Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

snehpets

Re: 3.82/165; T14 via ED?

Postby snehpets » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:46 pm

AllDangle wrote:3.82/165, non-URM. I know my numbers put the majority of the T14 in the "reach" category for me. However, with the large decrease in the number of LSAT test takers this year I am wondering if perhaps my numbers have more potential (as some TLS'ers have been speculating). I know my chances of admission via RD are slim (input is still appreciated though), but what about my chances via ED? I will be applying next cycle.

I feel like you've got a good enough shot at Georgetown to at least make it worth a try. Chance at UVA as well. TX ED is non-binding so probably no, especially since they've been so big on GPA. Michigan seems promising as well. I dunno if I think the decreased test takers will make them less of a reach necessarily, but you've got a good shot at these. Good luck!

Nelson

Postby Nelson » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:47 pm

AllDangle wrote:3.82/165, non-URM. I know my numbers put the majority of the T14 in the "reach" category for me. However, with the large decrease in the number of LSAT test takers this year I am wondering if perhaps my numbers have more potential (as some TLS'ers have been speculating). I know my chances of admission via RD are slim (input is still appreciated though), but what about my chances via ED? I will be applying next cycle.

You need to retake. None of the T14 are going to bite, even ED.

AllDangle

Postby AllDangle » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:54 pm

Nelson

Postby Nelson » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:08 pm

snehpets wrote:

I feel like you've got a good enough shot at Georgetown to at least make it worth a try. Chance at UVA as well. TX ED is non-binding so probably no, especially since they've been so big on GPA. Michigan seems promising as well. I dunno if I think the decreased test takers will make them less of a reach necessarily, but you've got a good shot at these. Good luck!

This seems a tad optimistic to me. Georgetown didn't take a single 165 on LSN last cycle. There was one ED into the PT program this year. UVA is a straight band of red dots on 165. Michigan has some outliers, but they all look to have super softs. A drop in test takers is going to help some people around the margins but not a 165.

You have 6 months until the June LSAT, retake is TCR.

Real Madrid

Postby Real Madrid » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:10 pm

Nelson wrote:
snehpets wrote:

This seems a tad optimistic to me. Georgetown didn't take a single 165 on LSN last cycle. There was one ED into the PT program this year. UVA is a straight band of red dots on 165. Michigan has some outliers, but they all look to have super softs. A drop in test takers is going to help some people around the margins but not a 165.

You have 6 months until the June LSAT, retake is TCR.

+1

You can try Georgetown ED, but I think your chances are slim to none. I think Cornell EA is actually your best chance, but even that looks out of the question - 167/166 seems to be their floor even for high GPAs. Also, you can always try Michigan and Berkeley. Both of these schools seem to have a pretty holistic process, and if they like you they might just accept you despite your numbers (though I think a 165 is pushing it for both).

AllDangle

Postby AllDangle » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:20 pm

Real Madrid

Postby Real Madrid » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:55 pm

UVA is very friendly with their EDs, but they're also very formulaic. They accept virtually no non-residents that are below both medians (as you are). A 3.9 with your LSAT or a 170 with a 3.0 stands a better chance than your numbers, unfortunately.

snehpets

Postby snehpets » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:50 pm

There are several 165s in at UVA this year? You are correct about Georgetown (always bringing me back down to earth, haha), I meant to add PT to that and forgot. Didn't know about Michigan softs unfortunately. At least one of the 165s that's in this year says their softs are "nothing particularly strong." I still think you've got a shot at UVA (based on this year) and Georgetown, PT at least. It's never going to be a guaranteed with your number, but PERSONALLY I would find those worth a shot via ED. plus if you get rejected to one you can still do another ED if you apply early enough (people often take advantage of this with UVA).

Return to “What are my chances?”