3.7 from top 20, 174, 2 years peace corps

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
calidancer2

3.7 from top 20, 174, 2 years peace corps

Postby calidancer2 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:34 pm

anyone willing to look in the crystal ball for me? looking at all T-14, plus hastings, usc, UCLA (looking to stay in CA eventually).

already looked at LSN but there are only ~3 people with my numbers from last year's cycle, and none from others. wondering about the Peace Corps bump, if any (e.g. bump at berkeley for holistic admission/their strong ties to PC?)

Thanks! Interested to hear what you all have to say.

thederangedwang

Re: 3.7 from top 20, 174, 2 years peace corps

Postby thederangedwang » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:40 pm

In at everywhere except HYS.

For HYS, I say you get 1 of the 3, maybe 2

Nelson

Postby Nelson » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:44 pm

calidancer2 wrote:anyone willing to look in the crystal ball for me? looking at all T-14, plus hastings, usc, UCLA (looking to stay in CA eventually).

already looked at LSN but there are only ~3 people with my numbers from last year's cycle, and none from others. wondering about the Peace Corps bump, if any (e.g. bump at berkeley for holistic admission/their strong ties to PC?)

You're looking at CCN as your target range or MVPBN with $. You have a good shot at Berkeley. You could get lucky at Harvard, but their GPA floor of 3.8 seems to get harder and harder to break each cycle. Obviously apply to Stanford and Yale too, but who knows what will happen there. You're applying late which probably hurts your chances slightly for both admissions and scholarships across the board. Consider reapplying next cycle if you get a ton of waitlists this cycle or don't get one of CCN.

calidancer2

Postby calidancer2 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:56 pm

Nelson wrote:
calidancer2 wrote:anyone willing to look in the crystal ball for me? looking at all T-14, plus hastings, usc, UCLA (looking to stay in CA eventually).

You're looking at CCN as your target range or MVPBN with $. You have a good shot at Berkeley. You could get lucky at Harvard, but their GPA floor of 3.8 seems to get harder and harder to break each cycle. Obviously apply to Stanford and Yale too, but who knows what will happen there. You're applying late which probably hurts your chances slightly for both admissions and scholarships across the board. Consider reapplying next cycle if you get a ton of waitlists this cycle or don't get one of CCN.

oops, sorry- should've clarified in the first post. Not applying until next cycle and my apps will be out the very first day it opens, barring any issues.

Nelson

Postby Nelson » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:01 pm

calidancer2 wrote:
Nelson wrote:

oops, sorry- should've clarified in the first post. Not applying until next cycle and my apps will be out the very first day it opens, barring any issues.

I think HYS is probably still a reach for your GPA but you could get lucky. Harvard chances might be better with a retake to 176+. CCN on down you have a very good shot.

thederangedwang

Postby thederangedwang » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:04 pm

I think harvard is a decent shot for you. Although your gpa is a bit low, you do have above median LSAT and peace corps is a very very good soft. I say you have at least a 50/50 shot. But I think higher if you have good LOR and PS

calidancer2

Postby calidancer2 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:44 pm

174.5 was my PT average so I'm hesitant to take the LSAT again. I feel like I hit my peak and possibly got lucky, even. Don't want to get lower.

Nelson wrote:
calidancer2 wrote:
Nelson wrote:

I think HYS is probably still a reach for your GPA but you could get lucky. Harvard chances might be better with a retake to 176+. CCN on down you have a very good shot.

calidancer2

Postby calidancer2 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:29 pm

bump, just once i promise (:

Return to “What are my chances?”