. Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
guinness1547

Silver

Post by guinness1547 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:27 am

Last edited by guinness1547 on Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kabuo

Silver

Re: 169/3.38 for Cornell

Post by Kabuo » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:37 am

guinness1547 wrote:Only decent soft is my year of AmeriCorps experience.

Do I have any legitimate shot of getting in? I don't want to wait to apply next cycle, but I most likely will. I took the December test and scored about 5 points lower than I was averaging on my PT's. I don't know what happened, test anxiety perhaps. I was a nervous wreck.

If I don't get in I plan on retaking in June and having a killer score so I can apply early next cycle. That being said, should I even waste the money applying to Cornell, or just stick to the June plan?
Numerically, worth the app. Other than that, plan is good. If you want to go higher and were averaging a 174, obv you should wait til June and reapply.

tennisking88

Silver

Post by tennisking88 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:51 am

guinness1547 wrote:Only decent soft is my year of AmeriCorps experience.

Do I have any legitimate shot of getting in? I don't want to wait to apply next cycle, but I most likely will. I took the December test and scored about 5 points lower than I was averaging on my PT's. I don't know what happened, test anxiety perhaps. I was a nervous wreck.

If I don't get in I plan on retaking in June and having a killer score so I can apply early next cycle. That being said, should I even waste the money applying to Cornell, or just stick to the June plan?
I don't think your chances are great this late in the game. It's looking like WL/reject. That said, I don't think it will hurt to apply, except put more pressure on you to perform better in June. If you get a 169 again in June, you will have little more to add to your application that they just read, which may be a no-no. Schools explicitly say that you need to bring something new to the game in order to re-apply. But I don't really know how seriously they actually take that. And perhaps that "something new" could be just applying really early in the process. Also, if your PT average is a 174, for the love of god, retake, and reapply to NYU/Columbia.

guinness1547

Silver

Post by guinness1547 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:59 pm

Thanks for the advice guys.

Here's to June!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”