2.5 LSAC GPA - 160 lsat - Full-time program or part-time??

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
SplitLife

2.5 LSAC GPA - 160 lsat - Full-time program or part-time??

Postby SplitLife » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:48 am

I wanted to ask if anyone could help me decide if I should apply this cycle as a part-time student or full-time if I want to try to get into the best school possible. I would like to attend schools in CA (Southwestern, Chapman, Loyola), NY (Not even sure which schools are worth applying to yet), AZ (ASU), and NV (UNLV).

Also, please feel free to recommend school that you think may be kind to me/worth applying to.

Thank you!!

law4vus

Re: 2.5 LSAC GPA - 160 lsat - Full-time program or part-time??

Postby law4vus » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:04 am

Consider retaking. None of the schools you can currently get into are worth going to.

As for applying this cycle, you're already going to be applying late which means you'll have an even LESSER shot of getting in somewhere. Do yourself a favor and take a year off, take the LSAT and try to break 170. It will be worth the extra time in the end.

SplitLife

Postby SplitLife » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:10 am

law4vus wrote:Consider retaking. None of the schools you can currently get into are worth going to.

As for applying this cycle, you're already going to be applying late which means you'll have an even LESSER shot of getting in somewhere. Do yourself a favor and take a year off, take the LSAT and try to break 170. It will be worth the extra time in the end.

Can you offer any insight to the differences between a full-time application and a part-time application?

tooswolle

Postby tooswolle » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:17 am

Part time programs normally last four years as you take less units. Typically admission for a part time program is more lax than a full time program. Depending on the school some are worth it and some aren't. In short you have a better chance with the part time program.

SplitLife

Postby SplitLife » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:04 pm

tooswolle wrote:Part time programs normally last four years as you take less units. Typically admission for a part time program is more lax than a full time program. Depending on the school some are worth it and some aren't. In short you have a better chance with the part time program.

Even though there are less seats?

asoli

Postby asoli » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:17 pm

SplitLife wrote:I wanted to ask if anyone could help me decide if I should apply this cycle as a part-time student or full-time if I want to try to get into the best school possible. I would like to attend schools in CA (Southwestern, Chapman, Loyola), NY (Not even sure which schools are worth applying to yet), AZ (ASU), and NV (UNLV).

Also, please feel free to recommend school that you think may be kind to me/worth applying to.

Thank you!!

If you're not a NV resident it's gonna be really tough to get in.

almostchinese

Postby almostchinese » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:39 am

I would check out lawschoolnumbers.com or lawschoolpredictor. I think southwestern is very realistic if that is where you want to go. AZ is a reach but this is also one of the lowest volume app cycles in recent years. Will that help at at top 50 like ASU, I hope so, but I think it would really help you in the tier three region. I would guess pacific, southwest, chapman, and USF are worth taking a shot at. I'd try hofstra, pace, buffalo, Syracuse, or Albany in NY. No promises but I'd be very surprised if you didn't get into one of those places. Unlv wouldn't be worth the app either, ever consider gonzaga, Seattle, or willamette?

msu1077

Postby msu1077 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:14 am

SplitLife wrote:I wanted to ask if anyone could help me decide if I should apply this cycle as a part-time student or full-time if I want to try to get into the best school possible. I would like to attend schools in CA (Southwestern, Chapman, Loyola), NY (Not even sure which schools are worth applying to yet), AZ (ASU), and NV (UNLV).

Thank you!!

I have similar numbers to you (with an upward trending GPA - 3.98 from degree granting institution and solid WE/softs), and have gotten into several part-time programs this cycle with the highest ranking school being 71. I think you would probably have a shot at Chapman (FT), and UNLV (PT). I can't speak to your odds at the other schools you mentioned; however, I do know that almost all schools that offer PT programs allow you to transfer into the FT program after 1L with a grade stipulation. Good luck!

Return to “What are my chances?”