Chances?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
DigDug87
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:09 pm

Chances?

Postby DigDug87 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:13 pm

Been lurking around here for a while. Decided to make an account.

24 year old male
LSDAS- 3.64
LSAT- 170
URM- Puerto Rican
State of Residency- MA

I decided not to apply this cycle because I literally have no softs. Good idea? I wanted to take this year and improve that.

Anyone want to predict my T14 cycle for when I apply next September?

User avatar
Eirhoff73
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:26 pm

Re: Chances?

Postby Eirhoff73 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:48 am

Where?

User avatar
Shooter
Posts: 474
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Chances?

Postby Shooter » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:34 am

I'm not really good at these things, but here goes nothing:

Yale - Waitlist, Reject
Harvard - Waitlist, In
Stanford - In
Columbia - Waitlist, In
Chicago - In
NYU - In
Penn - In $$
Michigan - In $$$
Virginia - In $$
Duke - In $$$
Northwestern - In w/ WE $$
Cornell - In $$$
Georgetown- In $

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Chances?

Postby JamMasterJ » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:36 am

Shooter wrote:I'm not really good at these things, but here goes nothing:

Yale - Waitlist, Reject
Harvard - Waitlist, In
Stanford - In
Columbia - Waitlist, In
Chicago - In
NYU - In
Penn - In $$
Michigan - In $$$
Virginia - In $$
Duke - In $$$
Northwestern - In w/ WE $$
Cornell - In $$$
Georgetown- In $

for some reason, I thought PRs weren't really given the URM boost, or is that Cuban?

071816
Posts: 5511
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:06 pm

Re: Chances?

Postby 071816 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:37 am

JamMasterJ wrote:
Shooter wrote:I'm not really good at these things, but here goes nothing:

Yale - Waitlist, Reject
Harvard - Waitlist, In
Stanford - In
Columbia - Waitlist, In
Chicago - In
NYU - In
Penn - In $$
Michigan - In $$$
Virginia - In $$
Duke - In $$$
Northwestern - In w/ WE $$
Cornell - In $$$
Georgetown- In $

for some reason, I thought PRs weren't really given the URM boost, or is that Cuban?


It's Cuban.

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Chances?

Postby JamMasterJ » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:38 am

chimp wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:
Shooter wrote:I'm not really good at these things, but here goes nothing:

Yale - Waitlist, Reject
Harvard - Waitlist, In
Stanford - In
Columbia - Waitlist, In
Chicago - In
NYU - In
Penn - In $$
Michigan - In $$$
Virginia - In $$
Duke - In $$$
Northwestern - In w/ WE $$
Cornell - In $$$
Georgetown- In $

for some reason, I thought PRs weren't really given the URM boost, or is that Cuban?


It's Cuban.

Oh, well then Shooter is fairly close, though I'm guessing Stanford will not be "IN"

User avatar
Shooter
Posts: 474
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Chances?

Postby Shooter » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:39 am

That's a good point, actually. My lay-analysis didn't account for different variations of URM. Told you wasn't very good at this...

User avatar
Shooter
Posts: 474
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Chances?

Postby Shooter » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:41 am

Also, I put Stanford as "in" because:

1) OP is at Stanford's LSAT median.
2) He will be spending a year concentrating on nothing but soft factors.
3) I'm still in a Christmas-y state of mind.

User avatar
Blessedassurance
Posts: 2081
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:42 pm

Re: Chances?

Postby Blessedassurance » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:50 am

Being PR is a soft. Talk about your grandfather's struggles if you have to.

Unless you plan on curing AIDS or cancer, I suggest you apply with what you have. Then again, you could be a Monk in Kathmandu for a year or something.




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Socratease and 2 guests