Wait A Year?? 167/3.8

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
1macmac
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:01 am

Wait A Year?? 167/3.8

Postby 1macmac » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:57 am

I'm waiting on my December LSAT results and am anticipating a score in the 167 +/- 2 range. I have a 3.8 GPA and am planning to apply to Duke, Vanderbilt, Emory, and Wake Forest. I know its all speculation until I have a real LSAT score, but given a 167 and my GPA, what what are my chances of getting into those schools given that I'm applying this late in the cycle (as soon as i get my score back)? Would it make more sense to wait until next year? If I apply for the heck of it and am rejected, would it affect my chances of being accepted next year?
Last edited by 1macmac on Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Wait A Year??

Postby JamMasterJ » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:03 am

in at Emory and Wake, WL/out at the other two

1macmac
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:01 am

Re: Wait A Year?? 167/3.8

Postby 1macmac » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:09 am

How would being rejected at those schools affect getting in next year? I can still get my app in for round II early decision option at duke.

User avatar
moneybagsphd
Posts: 889
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:07 pm

Re: Wait A Year??

Postby moneybagsphd » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:12 am

JamMasterJ wrote:in at Emory and Wake, WL/out at the other two

Really? Assuming -2, 165, I agree wl/out at Duke and Vandy. Assuming 167, in/wl at Vandy, out at Duke. Assuming +2, 169 in at Vandy, and Duke is possible.

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: Wait A Year?? 167/3.8

Postby Grizz » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:18 am


User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Wait A Year??

Postby JamMasterJ » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:32 am

moneybagsphd wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:in at Emory and Wake, WL/out at the other two

Really? Assuming -2, 165, I agree wl/out at Duke and Vandy. Assuming 167, in/wl at Vandy, out at Duke. Assuming +2, 169 in at Vandy, and Duke is possible.

based on 167, maybe in/WL at Vandy. Otherwise, yes

dannyde7
Posts: 134
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:27 pm

Re: Wait A Year?? 167/3.8

Postby dannyde7 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:05 pm

Don't let this TLS predictions get you down. I got into Duke last year with a 165 and a 3.84. I also just got into Cornell. Write some fantastic essays.

1macmac
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:01 am

Re: Wait A Year?? 167/3.8

Postby 1macmac » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:23 pm

dannyde7 wrote:Don't let this TLS predictions get you down. I got into Duke last year with a 165 and a 3.84. I also just got into Cornell. Write some fantastic essays.


Just to follow up with this thread - I ended up with a 166 and ED'd to Duke. Just got an acceptance email and couldn't be happier. I attribute my acceptance to the "fantastic" essays dannyde7 mentioned and prayer. Go blue devils!

Philly_Wolverine
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:08 am

Re: Wait A Year?? 167/3.8

Postby Philly_Wolverine » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:52 pm

1macmac wrote:
dannyde7 wrote:Don't let this TLS predictions get you down. I got into Duke last year with a 165 and a 3.84. I also just got into Cornell. Write some fantastic essays.


Just to follow up with this thread - I ended up with a 166 and ED'd to Duke. Just got an acceptance email and couldn't be happier. I attribute my acceptance to the "fantastic" essays dannyde7 mentioned and prayer. Go blue devils!


Congratulations! I am at Michigan with very similar scores. Go Blue (w/o the devils)! Enjoy law school!

sea15
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:20 pm

Re: Wait A Year?? 167/3.8

Postby sea15 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:20 pm

I found you! Mwahaha

sea15
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:20 pm

Re: Wait A Year?? 167/3.8

Postby sea15 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:21 pm

Way to go! Just confirmed the good news from a reliable source!

1macmac
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:01 am

Re: Wait A Year?? 167/3.8

Postby 1macmac » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:37 pm

sea15 wrote:I found you! Mwahaha


Haha that was fast! I am impressed by your detective skills. Thanks again for the study materials ;)




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest