3.54/151 NA

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!

3.54/151 NA

Postby justcallmerae » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:38 am

I have a 3.54 GPA from a good state school-- double major in Political Science and English. My resume is strong, with a broad range of internships, organizations, and leadership positions. I'm Native American, registered in my tribe, and have actually interned for my tribe. Additionally, I receive scholarships from them that cover nearly all my school expenses.

I scored a 151 on the October 2011 LSAT, even though I was PTing between 157 and 160. I retook in December after dedicating more time to studying; additionally, I had less on my plate both academically and in extracurriculars. Anxiously awaiting my results from that.

Here is where my issue comes in. I REALIZE the logical response to a 151 would be to wait a cycle, study, and retake. I however do not have that option. My scholarships with my tribe will continue to assist my educational endeavors if and only if I go straight through. If I stop and take a year, I lose that scholarship. I realize my URM status may qualify me for other scholarships should I raise my GPA but I am not willing to drop the scholarship I already have for the "possibility" of another one.

I've submitted applications to about 12 schools already:

Wake Forest
Loyola Marymout
Loyola Chicago
and all NYC schools sans for Columbia.

I am confident that I improved my score from the October exam-- I had a minor panic attack the first time and didn't finish 2 sections. Probably should have cancelled but I didn't.

I guess what I'm asking is, based on my GPA, background, and resume, if my score comes back between 157 or above, do you think I have a shot at any of these schools? Slash, is there any insight from other Native students applying?

Re: 3.54/151 NA

Postby mattviphky » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:41 am

i would apply to some top schools as well. your gpa is alright and with a higher lsat, who knows? Plus you don't hear much bout na applicants. Keep us posted. But with 158ish, you should be in at most of those schools, and that's w/o urm status

Re: 3.54/151 NA

Postby thelawschoolproject » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:49 am

Wait for your new score to come in. Depending upon how well you do, you could be looking at an entirely different range of schools.

I'm a NA applicant this cycle as well and so far it's been going great for me. There's not a lot of information for NA applicants, so if you ever have any questions, feel free to PM me.

Return to “What are my chances?”