Where should I apply with a 2.8, 164 LSAT

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
soitgoes9

Re: Where should I apply with a 2.8, 164 LSAT

Postby soitgoes9 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:35 pm

sgoingIP wrote: If want a T14, go buy them a building, retake the test, and pray.

Great advice; but OP sgoingIP is on point in all his/her remarks.

Veyron

Postby Veyron » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:38 pm

Nowhere

MrPapagiorgio

Postby MrPapagiorgio » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:02 pm

ato308 wrote:I guess you'd call an engineering or physics major a condescending fuck if their GPA was a 2.8, compared to that of a political science major who probably has a 3.5+?

This is a problem on my homework from my first environmental economics class (elective).

3.) (30%) Mrs. S takes out a 30 year fixed rate of 7.25% in the amount of $120,000 to purchase a house.

a. What is her monthly payment if amortization period is 30 years?
b. What is her monthly payment if amortization period is 35 years?
c. After 15 years Mrs. S wants to sell her house and buy a new one. What is the
unpaid balance on the mortgage after 15 years if the monthly pay is from part (a)?
d. What is the unpaid balance on the mortgage after 15 years if the monthly payment
is from part (b)

See I don't memorize slides :)

You may not memorize slides, but memorizing a formula isn't that difficult and neither is this problem. If you were trying to make a point and justify that GPA, you failed.

crv8623

Postby crv8623 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:24 pm

MrPapagiorgio wrote:
ato308 wrote:I guess you'd call an engineering or physics major a condescending fuck if their GPA was a 2.8, compared to that of a political science major who probably has a 3.5+?

This is a problem on my homework from my first environmental economics class (elective).

3.) (30%) Mrs. S takes out a 30 year fixed rate of 7.25% in the amount of $120,000 to purchase a house.

unpaid balance on the mortgage after 15 years if the monthly pay is from part (a)?
d. What is the unpaid balance on the mortgage after 15 years if the monthly payment
is from part (b)

You may not memorize slides, but memorizing a formula isn't that difficult and neither is this problem. If you were trying to make a point and justify that GPA, you failed.

Seriously, I had questions of the same type in my AP Econ class in high school. If I were OP, I would have picked a much harder problem, and even then would have failed to make a point.

mattviphky

Postby mattviphky » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:24 am

ato308 wrote:Some people on this site are ignorant.

Firstly, yes fraternities party, but a large part of what we do is community service; such as, Bocche Bash ( national special olympics event), Tree fest( decorating and delivering Christmas trees to the needy.), Relay for life ( raised 5,000 for cancer.), Grab cancer by the horns ( raised 10,000 for cancer). Along with helping with the flood that accrued this year, and that was all fall semester.

What have you ever done to help anyone?

Secondly, I'm in a economics honor society. I have a 3.7 major GPA ( economics). In this major I do a lot of Calculus and Econometric's. Sorry i didn't take communications ( have fun explaining to your employer that your analytically inclined), History ( It's different in every culture, along with this, you could have saved your parents 100k and went to the local library.), Political Science ( your outdated a year after you graduate, along with this its a joke science, see comment on communications.) Unlucky for me is that my school is an AACSB accredited business institution, which means accounting is extremely hard and I didn't do so well in it.

And no I'm not a URM, and even if I was I would never use it to my advantage. Graduating college as a former foster child of 12 years would qualify me as being more a URM then a real URM (a.k.a Black or Hispanic). My life situation was hard, but I never expect anyone to pity me or give me handouts, you're a product of yourself and I don't blame anyone for what I've become.

What have i done? Military service. But other than that, I thought about doing a Relay for Life. I also went to a school benefit auction once. I bought a 12 week membership at a local gym. I also bought a livestrong bracelet while in undergrad. See, our softs are almost the same.
I'm not even gonna touch the whole shitting on other majors issue.

ato308 wrote:I guess you'd call an engineering or physics major a condescending fuck if their GPA was a 2.8, compared to that of a political science major who probably has a 3.5+?"

That's not why your were called condescending fuck. But let's not act like economics is closer to engineering than it is to political science.

People here are trying to help you. I'm sorry if the replies to your original post were not particularly helpful, but you took it to a whole new level with your response.

mattviphky

Postby mattviphky » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:26 am

Desert Fox wrote:
TurtlesAllTheWayDown wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:I think it's clear why his real parents didn't love him.

Over the line (mark it zero, dude). Can't we just stick to calling him a douche?

Hey, I have a face only a mother can love, this dood has one that even his mother didn't.

When i opened this thread i started reading from page 3 and back. I was slightly offended when i first read this, but when i saw the OP's attitude, I can only say +1

flcath

Postby flcath » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:33 am

Desert Fox wrote:
TurtlesAllTheWayDown wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:I think it's clear why his real parents didn't love him.

Over the line (mark it zero, dude). Can't we just stick to calling him a douche?

Hey, I have a face only a mother can love, this dood has one that even his mother didn't.

*sigh*

Jesus dude.

emkay625

Postby emkay625 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:38 am

is from part (b)

Is this supposed to be hard?

I teach Algebra I to 9th graders. This problem is pretty identical to the problems on their exponential functions test they'll take at the end of January.

OP, this does the opposite of making your major seem hard. It makes it seem way easier than any classes I took.

ato308

Postby ato308 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:23 am

hahahhahahah desert would you like to compare pictures?

You may have a better gpa, but no matter how much money you spend or how long you go to school you could never look like me :).

So please paste a pic here and I'll do the same, because if all else did fail I'm an extremely attractive 6'1 male, and have been asked to model every time I've gone to New York City. Unlucky for me however, is that it's ranked as one of the worse jobs and pay isn't great, unless your in the top 2% ( see Victoria Secret fashion show).

Odds are you won't do it cause you're a fat fuck virgin who thinks scores are everything.

[img]pasteyourlinkhere[/img] <---- pic html

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:26 am

ato308 wrote:hahahhahahah desert would you like to compare pictures?

You may have a better gpa, but no matter how much money you spend or how long you go to school you could never look like me :).

So please paste a pic here and I'll do the same, because if all else did fail I'm an extremely attractive 6'1 male, and have been asked to model every time I've gone to New York City. Unlucky for me however, is that it's ranked as one of the worse jobs and pay isn't great, unless your in the top 2% ( see Victoria Secret fashion show).

Odds are you won't do it cause you're a fat fuck virgin who thinks scores are everything.

[img]pasteyourlinkhere[/img] <---- pic html

LOL. Hit a nerve, did he?

ato308

Postby ato308 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:27 am

emkay625

"People that have skill do, people who can't do, teach". I forgot how hard the Praxis is haha

ato308

Postby ato308 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:33 am

Not really crump. If I had to choose between going to Harvard or having good looks. I'd choose good looks. At first sight you won't know if they go to Harvard, and if they did and their ugly you still have to wake up to the ugly or fat person for the rest of your life.

But when you first look at someone that's good looking, then your attractive to said person whether they went to Harvard or bumblefuckcommunity.

Lastly, I did good on my GRE's and my parents know a member of the admissions board at Lehigh University , who also happens to work at Lehigh hospital, so being adopted worked out for me if I seek to purse a Masters of Science in Health and Biopharmaceutical Economics. So suck on my balls.
Last edited by ato308 on Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mal Reynolds

Postby Mal Reynolds » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:39 am

An eagle scout, model poser, frat douche. That is a winning combination.

thelawschoolproject

Postby thelawschoolproject » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:39 am

ato308 wrote:emkay625

"People that have skill do, people who can't do, teach". I forgot how hard the Praxis is haha

Alright, ato.

You clearly enjoy berating people. But hey, if that's what gets you off it's cool by me.

But let's just lay all your shit out on the table shall we?

1). I suspect that you're a dirty liar.

Why? Well, because you have posted threads about having a 165 --LinkRemoved--, a 167/168 http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=161643 AND this thread which is a 164. You're completely clueless and I don't believe you even have a 164.

2). You're probably racist.

Why? For the creation of this threadhttp://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=155416&p=4394845#p4394845 which is thoughtfully entitled "URM considerationf or admissions is such bullshit" (Also, the error between consideration and for is actually in the title of the thread, I did not make a typo.)

What's your problem, dude? Do you have nothing better to do than ask for help, get angry at the advice and then try to bitch people out?

Come at me you KKK asshole.

ato308

Postby ato308 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:43 am

Saying the URM status is bullshit isn't racist. If anything URM being taken into consideration is reverse discrimination, because someone that may not have as good scores as someone else may get into a better school over the sheer fact that they are a URM.

Honestly, applications shouldn't even ask about race or gender because it should be based completely on your academics and not the color of your skin.

Or does that just not make sense?

thelawschoolproject

Postby thelawschoolproject » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:48 am

ato308 wrote:Saying the URM status is bullshit isn't racist. If anything URM being taken into consideration is reverse discrimination, because someone that may not have as good scores as someone else may get into a better school over the sheer fact that they are a URM.

Honestly, applications shouldn't even ask about race or gender because it should be based completely on your academics and not the color of your skin.

Or does that just not make sense?

Disagreeing with affirmative action does not make you racist. Constantly berating the process without giving any kind of intellectual justification AND repeatedly bringing it up in a spiteful way does, or at the very least it makes you appear that way.

I personally have some issues with it and, such is life, sometimes it's not 100% fair. But, there are a significant amount of studies which show that when URMs are tested based upon their intelligence they do significantly under-perform in relation to their potential. It doesn't matter if you disagree or not because facts are facts. As a URM I have my own feelings toward the situation that have no relevance here.

Have a different opinion, disagree, that's wonderful. But if you're going to do so please have the decency to do so intelligently.

ETA: In the interest of returning this thread to a civil discussion, I wish you well on your cycle.

Tom Joad

Postby Tom Joad » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:14 am

ato308 wrote:I humbly come to ask for advice.

ato308 wrote:So suck on my balls.

SALTS (smiled a little then stopped)

IAFG

Postby IAFG » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:19 am

ato308 wrote: Sorry i didn't take communications ( have fun explaining to your employer that your analytically inclined)

Since you're so employable sounds like you should go ahead and get a job

ato308 wrote:
And no I'm not a URM, and even if I was I would never use it to my advantage. Graduating college as a former foster child of 12 years would qualify me as being more a URM then a real URM (a.k.a Black or Hispanic). My life situation was hard, but I never expect anyone to pity me or give me handouts, you're a product of yourself and I don't blame anyone for what I've become.

Ohhh flame, my mistake

franklyscarlet

Postby franklyscarlet » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:21 am

ato308 wrote:emkay625

Lulz. My favorite part of angry Internet people is when they devolve into kids crying on a playground. Emkay is a baller, smart as hell (and a hell of a looker). Can't blame OP for being jelly.

franklyscarlet

Postby franklyscarlet » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:23 am

ato308 wrote:Lastly, I did good on my GRE's and my parents know a member of the admissions board at Lehigh University , who also happens to work at Lehigh hospital, so being adopted worked out for me if I seek to purse a Masters of Science in Health and Biopharmaceutical Economics. So suck on my balls.

One more before my insomniac brain tries to sleep again- it's not ok to get a URM boost based on multiple studies which show how our education system disadvantages minorities, but it's totally cool to use mommy and daddy's influence?

Blessedassurance

Postby Blessedassurance » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:00 am

ato308 wrote:

is from part (b)

Ha

kdoyon812

Postby kdoyon812 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:46 am

thelawschoolproject wrote:...you have posted threads about having a 165 --LinkRemoved--, a 167/168 http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=161643 AND this thread which is a 164. You're completely clueless and I don't believe you even have a 164.

I'm dying for a response to this ATO....I'm also wondering if this so called "economics honor society" that you discuss in this thread is the same as the "economics club" you talk about in the link above...

You should also cool it with your pretentious attitude about your fraternity. I am in a fraternity as well. I do plenty of community service and donate thousands of dollars a year to charity. I also realize that plenty of people that are not in fraternities do the same kind of work, which is why I don't hold myself above them. I think the people that do community service and aren't in fraternities are actually more commendable. Most fraternities make it very easy to do community service because they have established annual events and connections through their university to possible volunteer opportunities. From my experience, most also require that you do community service; I know my fraternity does. Making assertions such as "what have you ever done to help anyone?" make you seem like a real douche when most of the philanthropy that you have done through your fraternity has probably been motivated by a knock on your door by your chapter's philanthropy chair while you were still hungover sleeping, telling you that you were going to get a fine for missed philanthropy hours if you didn't wake up and attend an event.

You must realize that adcomm members are going to criticize your credentials just as many people here have, and you won't even get a chance to respond, just a letter in the mail telling you their decision. You should grow up and learn use constructive advice to your advantage, instead of turning into a rock wall and relentlessly attempting to justify your economics club membership and C average in 100 level gen ed classes.

Back to my original statement, however, what is your real LSAT score?

sjedood

Postby sjedood » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:55 am

You might be able to get into Cardozo's part time program. Its actually a really sweet deal, since you essentially split 1L over three semesters (you start in may). From what I hear, employers don't seem to need an excuse for why you did it either, and if you do well enough (typically top 10%) then your in line for a big-law position.

People bash Cardozo on this site, but that is either because they are ignorant or pompous. It has great professors in the center of the biggest legal market and offers students a legitimate chance at getting big-law, if that is what they want.

thederangedwang

Postby thederangedwang » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:26 am

kdoyon812 wrote:
thelawschoolproject wrote:...you have posted threads about having a 165 --LinkRemoved--, a 167/168 http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=161643 AND this thread which is a 164. You're completely clueless and I don't believe you even have a 164.

I'm dying for a response to this ATO....I'm also wondering if this so called "economics honor society" that you discuss in this thread is the same as the "economics club" you talk about in the link above...

You should also cool it with your pretentious attitude about your fraternity. I am in a fraternity as well. I do plenty of community service and donate thousands of dollars a year to charity. I also realize that plenty of people that are not in fraternities do the same kind of work, which is why I don't hold myself above them. I think the people that do community service and aren't in fraternities are actually more commendable. Most fraternities make it very easy to do community service because they have established annual events and connections through their university to possible volunteer opportunities. From my experience, most also require that you do community service; I know my fraternity does. Making assertions such as "what have you ever done to help anyone?" make you seem like a real douche when most of the philanthropy that you have done through your fraternity has probably been motivated by a knock on your door by your chapter's philanthropy chair while you were still hungover sleeping, telling you that you were going to get a fine for missed philanthropy hours if you didn't wake up and attend an event.

You must realize that adcomm members are going to criticize your credentials just as many people here have, and you won't even get a chance to respond, just a letter in the mail telling you their decision. You should grow up and learn use constructive advice to your advantage, instead of turning into a rock wall and relentlessly attempting to justify your economics club membership and C average in 100 level gen ed classes.

Back to my original statement, however, what is your real LSAT score?

Would be funny if you guys were frat brothers

STLMizzou

Postby STLMizzou » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:34 am

Ha, every time you post I just picture this South Park episode. EH-TEE-OHHHHHHHH

In all honesty, people like you are what make people hate fraternities.

I know Greeks do great community service work, when I was Director of my school’s Greek Week we raised over $150,000 for local beneficiaries, 1,700 units of blood for the American Red Cross, over 32,000 pounds of food for Central Missouri Food Bank, and over 3,500 community service hours. (Get on my level with your weak ass philanthropy)

Saying you joined a fraternity for anything but the parties is BS and everybody knows it (the old adage: “You join for the parties, you stay for the brotherhood”). Saying you had leadership positions in your fraternity means jack shit (unless you were president of a 100+ man chapter, leadership positions within a fraternity are not prestigious, a trained monkey could be community relations chair). Being in a fraternity opens up a ton of opportunities for leadership positions in other campus organizations, if you didn’t hold any positions outside of your fraternity even Greeks will know you were one of the POS’s who did the minimum to still go to socials.

Return to “What are my chances?”